• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Dubow Has Landed

Cobblers161

Well it's arrived and here's a few images for perusal.

Initially I thought it a little tight but the impression I get is that it will open up with wear as leather does.
_SWH9832-1.jpg

_SWH9836-1.jpg

Sticking my oversized stomach out a bit on this one.
_SWH9830-1.jpg

_SWH9846-1.jpg

_SWH9838.jpg

_SWH9839.jpg

Probably a better front on shot:

DubowFit.jpg

Any opinions on the intial fit? I like the trim look.

Gotta say I'm overjoyed, the detailing is remarkable and on the back of this have plans for another though in a slightly larger size to enable a jumper etc.., I think my love affair with cloth is over, ok on hold, and that with GW's has just begun.

I am happy.

TankBuster

I think the fit and the jacket are great! There is
definitely some great graining on that jacket.
With the ELC B-10, and this Goodwear, you're off
to a great start! Congrats :!:

fishmeok

Awesome! I'd do that hand clapping icon thing if I knew how.

The fit looks perfect to me- I know it probably feels a little tight in the shoulders but the leather will give the more you wear it. Just wear it a lot...
Cheers
Mark

C.J.

I just spoke with John and switched my Aero order to a Dubow. After seeing these pic's, I'm really glad I did! Very, very nice.

Cobblers161

Thanks gents, it's my first ever A-2 and I think I can thank my lucky stars I made it a Good Wear.

I've been wearing it for 2 days now an can feel it giving a little.

As for the house, it's beyond minimalist John, it was empty, I was photgraphing the building down in Cantebury and thought I'd take the opportunity for few er.. posing shots.

jacketimp

Cobblers161 said:
Thanks gents, it's my first ever A-2 and I think I can thank my lucky stars I made it a Good Wear.

I've been wearing it for 2 days now an can feel it giving a little.

As for the house, it's beyond minimalist John, it was empty, I was photgraphing the building down in Cantebury and thought I'd take the opportunity for few er.. posing shots.

great fit........what's yer size?

Cobblers161

The jackets a 42", 22 1/4" down the windflap with 24" sleeves. I'm 6" and 13 1/2 stone (85kg approx) and I'm wearing it as I write... :D

jacketimp

Cobblers161 said:
The jackets a 42", 22 1/4" down the windflap with 24" sleeves. I'm 6" and 13 1/2 stone (85kg approx) and I'm wearing it as I write... :D

tit to tit........ooops i mean pit to pit?

Grant

Great looking seal color Dubow and the fit looks spot on. Like Allen noticed, the '44 501s look the part as well as the chambray shirt.

dujardin

nice one, and fit is perfect on you.

hope you may wear her much that i can wear mine.
it will be better for the grain.

byeeeeeeee marcel

srivats

That is beautiful ... the fit is perfect. I'd love to have a fit like that on my GW dongier when it comes :)

better duck

Cobblers161 said:
Any opinions on the intial fit? I like the trim look.
The jacket looks great: trim fit on the body, like someone else said: very 1940's! The sleeves are slightly too long (a bit of 'tunneling' on the cuffs is visible) but you will be amazed about how much they will shorten and change with wear.
Here are two before (wearing) and after (one year of wearing) shots of my ELC Werber that illustrate this perfectly (I've posted them before):
IMG_2460A.jpg
IMG_2295A.jpg

Great jacket, I can't wait for my GW Dubow in goat to arrive!

delta102uk

Cobblers161 said:

.....Nice looking jacket!...the fit looks spot on....did you get hammered with import duty/VAT? or was the true value of the jacket left off the custom forms...

jacketimp

delta102uk said:
Cobblers161 said:

.....Nice looking jacket!...the fit looks spot on....did you get hammered with import duty/VAT? or was the true value of the jacket left off the custom forms...

trust JC to work with buyer...... ;)