• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Acme Aero

Officer Dibley

Do folk think the seller would Be wiser to invest in replacing the patches and if so, would that make the jacket worth its’ current price or enhance it further ?

Last edited:

B-Man2

Dave
Would love to comment on this jacket but the last time I did that ... it belonged to one of the guys here who was trying to sell it . :rolleyes: Ouch!!! So until I find out if it is or isn’t owned by a VLJ guy I’ll wait a bit.:)

Officer Dibley

Oh, thanks Burt. I’ve tweaked the post as i don’t want to upset anyone- just interested in what folks think of selling with stitch holes Vs putting patches back on

Micawber

With a bit of care and attention those big needle holes could be blended in with the rest of the leather to a certain extent but the lining is likely to permanently bear some scars. If it were mine I would re-patch it.

B-Man2

Oh, thanks Burt. I’ve tweaked the post as i don’t want to upset anyone- just interested in what folks think of selling with stitch holes Vs putting patches back on
Understood
In that case I’ll be happy to discuss the merits of patching verses not patching. This is going to be a “Vanilla vs Chocolate” issue because it seems to run about 50 % vs 50% on patching. For me I don’t patch a jacket unless the jacket is one that I’m sure I will never sell. The only way I can assume that I’ll never sell it is if it’s a cheap current issues A2 that no one seems to want these days or one that I got for free as a gift and I can’t sell for fear of hurting someone’s feelings . Ok now I have a jacket I can patch, but I would never do a Tier 1 repro. Regardless if I really like the jacket and intend on keeping it, I ve found that I’m fickle . I’m very susceptible to buying into the next latest and greatest A2, so even though I might not intend on selling my favorite Good Wear, I never know when that new GW, Aero, ELC etc might pop up and my favorite A2 is now my cash cow for that new jacket. So I protect my cash cows by doing no harm to them. No patches and no holes .
Cheers

foster

With a bit of care and attention those big needle holes could be blended in with the rest of the leather to a certain extent but the lining is likely to permanently bear some scars. If it were mine I would re-patch it.

I am confident in getting the lining holes to become muted, but I have never been able to alter the appearances of the stitch holes in leather. We should team up on this project and help the resale value of all the A-2's that have stitch holes!