• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great leather jacket site /blog spot LQQKIE

A

Anonymous

The guy is a nut !!

He has a mild rant over Luftwaffe jackets being 'over-fussy' and 'metrosexual' compared to the A-2 then right below are the fussiest jackets I've EVER seen LOL Donald freakin' Duck for chrissakes :lol:

I think everyone has some kind of obsession - or at least the potential to have one. It might be a particular star they follow in film and TV. A colleague of mine won't use public toilets, washes his hands every 10 minutes and goes ballistic if you leave a dirty coffee cup anywhere in the office he shares with three others (which we do all the time on purpose :evil: ), or perhaps it's a 'thing' for rubberwear or a fanatic following of a soccer team. Or flight jackets and paraphenalia. Personally I reckon ours is pretty tame and doesn't hurt anyone.

The trick is to not be too 'in someone's face' over it. To each their own 'fetish' and to each the degree to which they wish to follow or interpret it. Live and let live.

My two penceworth.

Dave

Chandler

JACKET_ HEAD said:
then right below are the fussiest jackets I've EVER seen LOL Donald freakin' Duck for chrissakes

It's Daffy freakin' Duck. Get yer ducks in a row. Fer chrissakes. :D :lol:

Chandler

A

Anonymous

Hey Jacket head Dave ,you friend needs help he has OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder ,theres medication for this !.He should seek help as he is probably living a very unhappy life .Rgds Jeff

zoomer

It might be Asperger's Syndrome. Symptoms are being male, talking in an unearthly drone, never looking anyone in the eye and feeling unaccountably drawn to the teeniest and most pointless aspects of whatever you are interested in. If you dig cars, you get stuck on hubcaps or hood ornaments. If jackets, you can't stop futzing with zippers, or the collar points drive you up a wall.

Me, I got into old time radio and you know what I liked best? The station breaks. Ai yi yi!
I trained myself out of the monotone and the dread of eye contact, but it's still pretty obvious what a mutant I am.

Curahee

Thanks Jeff, I don't know about you guys but I feel kind of relieved, knowing that there are people out there who worse than us regular jacket freaks ;)

better duck

Curahee said:
Thanks Jeff, I don't know about you guys but I feel kind of relieved, knowing that there are people out there who worse than us regular jacket freaks ;)
Yeh, and glad he hasn't half discovered our niche (which is a niche in a niche in a ...) yet.

better duck

Curahee said:
He Curahee, BTW: geat new avatar! where did you find that one?

Curahee

Not sure, what I do know is that it's a pencil drawing from a series of drawings wich I came across while looking for info on the 91st BG patch (wich will be on my new .50 CAL jacket wich I expected to arrive monday) It was already avatar sized so I scooped it up ;)

Andrew

Curahee said:
Not sure, what I do know is that it's a pencil drawing from a series of drawings wich I came across while looking for info on the 91st BG patch (wich will be on my new .50 CAL jacket wich I expected to arrive monday) It was already avatar sized so I scooped it up ;)

Interesting subject Jeroen. This is a bit convoluted but and off topic but it's got me wondering...

Hard to see but is he wearing an A-2? Looks a bit like it. The rest of the gear is all RAF, Type B helmet, Type D O2 mask, mkIIIa googles and 1932 pattern mae west. If it is an A-2 that would make him a former Eagle Sq. member (they didn't wear A-2's in the ES instead RAF service dress) but I whilst they continued to use the RAF type C helmets and G masks (with bayonet clip o2 tube) after leaving the RAF, I can't recall ever seeing shots of them continuing to use the type D mask as the o2 feed is only a narrow diameter pipe which would fit only early model RAF aircraft and the early RAF mae west. Perhaps he was Photo recon in a Spit or maybe he's a brit with an A-2 (or maybe it's not an A-2).

If you can recall where you got it from i'd like to know. :)

edit: Just re-read all the posts before and now it looks like i'm an obsessive too.