• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got bored with Irma, drove to Wright Patterson Museum.

B-Man2

Don't know if anyone noticed it a few posts back but that's an American marked British Spitfire. Turns out the Lend Lease Program went both ways and a few American units were assigned Spitfires later in the war .

Great post.

Spitfires were used by the 7th Photographic Reconnaissance Group, Mount Farm.

Some photos;

http://www.americanairmuseum.com/media?search=7th+Photographic+Spitfire&type=&collection=
Thanks for that post.
I never heard much about that group.
I learn a great deal in this forum.

interbak

Great photo shoot. I was there on Sunday. I like how they've added mirrors to the A-2 display, so you can see the front as well as the back. I don't recall seeing that before, but that could just be a short memory.

B

B-Man2

Great photo shoot. I was there on Sunday. I like how they've added mirrors to the A-2 display, so you can see the front as well as the back. I don't recall seeing that before, but that could just be a short memory.

B

It's one of my favorite places to visit followed by the Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.

Grant

Agree B-Man,
They have some sweet A-2's on display like this Bloody 100th Aero. I only wish they would put Yeager's Monarch back on display.
AeroFront.jpg
Aeroback.jpg

interbak

It's one of my favorite places to visit followed by the Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.
Mine too, I try to get there every couple of years. Finally managed to get to the A and S in DC earlier this year as well, it's been a good year!

B

YoungMedic

Great thread! Thank you for sharing. Even though they might be reposts remember we lost alot of photographs when photobucket went down.

YoungMedic

Glad you liked them.
Wasn't aware they had been previously posted.
Thanks for the info.

I am not certain of this, but you were worried they may have been posted before. I was just saying even if they had, many previous threads are now bare of pictures due to limited photo hosting. So again thank you :)

Flightengineer

I agree. Thank you for the photo. Twice I was in this museum and both times I did not notice how I went all day from morning till night. Awesome place.