• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got A Friend @ Eastman Leather Co?

Peter Graham

Jaydee, maybe if you had not advertised it so much you may have been able to afford to send the jacket to ELC to have a label fitted.

Jaydee

Peter Graham said:
Jaydee, maybe if you had not advertised it so much you may have been able to afford to send the jacket to ELC to have a label fitted.
WOW! :shock:
I don't see how mentioning it on a forum could "Cost" me anything, but thanks for your kind hearted concern. ;)

Roughwear

Re: Eastman Leather Company

airfrogusmc said:
quote]

This is news to me-"the right network?" Where is this network in original labels? Do you know or is this pure speculation?

If you don't think high end collectors have a network man where you been. I think Paul got probably more than half his collection through networking, buying, trading, with others before they get to greed bay. Thats why they always have the good stuff and incredible groupings. Jackets with uniforms, dog tags, photos flight and medical records..Its all about the network for those guys.[/quote]

There's no need to be rude. I am well aware of networks in jackets etc and have acquired many that way, but not labels that's all.[/quote]

Man you need to tough'n up a bit :lol: . I was just telling you that most high end collectors have a network and if one of them has a jacket say thats cashed and has a good label and someone else in the network had another cashed jacket that has a good talon I'd be willing to bet theres some trading going on thats all. You seemed to be surprised about the network in your post well its real and its out there. Nothin rude about that is there? :roll:[/quote]

Thanks for confirming what I thought, that there is no specific network in original labels. I have always known collectors exchange/sell items between themsleves and obviously this would apply to the odd label off a wrecked jacket. But even in the States there is not a source of original A2 labels? You just have to wait and hope the right label turns up one day!

shanghai joe

Re: Eastman Leather Company

Roughwear said:
airfrogusmc said:
quote]

This is news to me-"the right network?" Where is this network in original labels? Do you know or is this pure speculation?

If you don't think high end collectors have a network man where you been. I think Paul got probably more than half his collection through networking, buying, trading, with others before they get to greed bay. Thats why they always have the good stuff and incredible groupings. Jackets with uniforms, dog tags, photos flight and medical records..Its all about the network for those guys.

There's no need to be rude. I am well aware of networks in jackets etc and have acquired many that way, but not labels that's all.[/quote]

Man you need to tough'n up a bit :lol: . I was just telling you that most high end collectors have a network and if one of them has a jacket say thats cashed and has a good label and someone else in the network had another cashed jacket that has a good talon I'd be willing to bet theres some trading going on thats all. You seemed to be surprised about the network in your post well its real and its out there. Nothin rude about that is there? :roll:[/quote]

Thanks for confirming what I thought, that there is no specific network in original labels. I have always known collectors exchange/sell items between themsleves and obviously this would apply to the odd label off a wrecked jacket. But even in the States there is not a source of original A2 labels? You just have to wait and hope the right label turns up one day![/quote]

a) ebay?
b) GW?
c) jkt mates?

Andrew

Meeting of the SIMLDN (Secret International Mysterious Label Dealing Network)

eyes1.jpg

I wonder if that red one is an original or a repro?

shanghai joe

Leadsky said:

eyes1.jpg

can i join........or will you have to kill after telling me contact details........

airfrogusmc

shanghai joe said:
Leadsky said:

eyes1.jpg

can i join........or will you have to kill after telling me contact details........

:lol: :lol:
I wonder if they have a secret handshake? I always wanted to belong to a group that had a secret handshake.

Roughwear

airfrogusmc said:
shanghai joe said:
Leadsky said:

eyes1.jpg

:lol: :lol:
I wonder if they have a secret handshake? I always wanted to belong to a group that had a secret handshake.

I believe the Masons maybe recruiting at present! :lol: