• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got A Friend @ Eastman Leather Co?

Jaydee

Does anyone have an inside connection at ELC? I sent an email to them about buying a Star A-2 label, and got a rejection reply from them saying "We do not sell our labels seperately" Then I saw the post today about how an ebay seller bought a liner and label for a G&F M-422a from Eastman, how did he pull that off? Well, now I have a Star A-2 and a G&F M-422a both needing tags, and the only company that Repros them is Eastman, who won't sell them to me! Please send me a PM if you can HELP! :?

bazelot

Re: Eastman Leather Company

They got all this because the seller actually sent the jacket to them for repairs. The seller pobably paid a hefty price to get all this work done on the jacket.

Roughwear

ELC does not sell off labels separately. Similarly they will not sell the new Crown zips. Perhaps John Chapman may eventually make a Star A2 and he might be able to sell you a Star Label.

Andrew

Seems absolutely fair enough to me if yours are not Eastman's. If it were mine I wouldn't be putting a repro label on your original Star anyway. Keep it original.... :)

Jaydee

Leadsky said:
Seems absolutely fair enough to me if yours are not Eastman's. If it were mine I wouldn't be putting a repro label on your original Star anyway. Keep it original.... :)
Yeah, I relized it was a fair stance right away. What didn't seem fair was them telling me no, and then sticking one on another guy's jacket. :x As far as tags go, I guess putting a tag on a jacket makes it seem more complete to me. It wont damage the jacket as it is only sewn in the liner, not the leather. And I could always remove it no problem.

The Tags don't say Eastman on them. Pretty good repros:
GFTag.jpg

shanghai joe

just as a digression that's why A2s without original labels are discounted..........I guess it's to do with originality and everything intact..........and also to factor in getting a label..............no contacts but apparently you can get original labels if you have the right network.

like I say good luck with your hunt!

Roughwear

shanghai joe said:
just as a digression that's why A2s without original labels are discounted..........I guess it's to do with originality and everything intact..........and also to factor in getting a label..............no contacts but apparently you can get original labels if you have the right network.

This is news to me-"the right network?" Where is this network in original labels? Do you know or is this pure speculation?

airfrogusmc

Roughwear said:
shanghai joe said:

This is news to me-"the right network?" Where is this network in original labels? Do you know or is this pure speculation?

If you don't think high end collectors have a network man where you been. I think Paul got probably more than half his collection through networking, buying, trading, with others before they get to greed bay. Thats why they always have the good stuff and incredible groupings. Jackets with uniforms, dog tags, photos flight and medical records..Its all about the network for those guys.

Roughwear

airfrogusmc said:
Roughwear said:
shanghai joe said:

If you don't think high end collectors have a network man where you been. I think Paul got probably more than half his collection through networking, buying, trading, with others before they get to greed bay. Thats why they always have the good stuff and incredible groupings. Jackets with uniforms, dog tags, photos flight and medical records..Its all about the network for those guys.

There's no need to be rude. I am well aware of networks in jackets etc and have acquired many that way, but not labels that's all.

airfrogusmc

quote]

This is news to me-"the right network?" Where is this network in original labels? Do you know or is this pure speculation?[/quote]

If you don't think high end collectors have a network man where you been. I think Paul got probably more than half his collection through networking, buying, trading, with others before they get to greed bay. Thats why they always have the good stuff and incredible groupings. Jackets with uniforms, dog tags, photos flight and medical records..Its all about the network for those guys.[/quote]

There's no need to be rude. I am well aware of networks in jackets etc and have acquired many that way, but not labels that's all.[/quote]

Man you need to tough'n up a bit :lol: . I was just telling you that most high end collectors have a network and if one of them has a jacket say thats cashed and has a good label and someone else in the network had another cashed jacket that has a good talon I'd be willing to bet theres some trading going on thats all. You seemed to be surprised about the network in your post well its real and its out there. Nothin rude about that is there? :roll:

shanghai joe

airfrogusmc said:
Roughwear said:
shanghai joe said:

you beat me to the draw, Allen!

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
shanghai joe said:

no smoke and mirrors I be telling ye.........

Jaydee

shanghai joe said:

Thanks, I have a vision of stumbling across this secret network. No doubt they will be held up in a dimly lit, cigar smoke filled back office of a wearhouse down at the docks. They will have jacket parts all laid out and when you open the door, they will block your view and shout "Somebody shut that door!" :lol: Really though, someone here must know someone there! Right?

airfrogusmc

Jaydee said:
shanghai joe said:

Thanks, I have a vision of stumbling across this secret network. No doubt they will be held up in a dimly lit, cigar smoke filled back office of a wearhouse down at the docks. They will have jacket parts all laid out and when you open the door, they will block your view and shout "Somebody shut that door!" :lol: Really though, someone here must know someone there! Right?

McCoys/The Few make a G&F 422a also. Doubt they would sell the label though.

shanghai joe

Jaydee said:
shanghai joe said:

secret network?? i mention network...........but secret???

mazeta

airfrogusmc said:
Roughwear said:
shanghai joe said:

Exactly. Some of these collectors barely use the internet, let alone prowl eBay or forums like these.