• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gordon & Ferguson M-422A (44)

Dr H

Very happy to have received an original Gordon & Ferguson M-422A in a size 44 from JC today.
Images to follow when I have good light and reasonable weather outside, but it's a well patinated jacket with sturdy dark russet goat, good mouton and wine red lining.
Having tried a 40 and 42 in this model (and struggled to draw breath in either), I'm very glad to see that the 44 works well and even allows room for a sleeveless pullover underneath. Better still, the sleeves even accommodate shorter arms without tunnelling.
For those of you with JC's jacket CD-ROM, it's the jacket depicted with John wearing it.
Images to follow.

Roughwear

Here you go from JC's CD.

front_view_flat.jpg

reverse_view_flat.jpg

zipper_box.jpg

Dr H

Thanks Andrew...that's the one. :D
I particularly like the differently sized pockets.
As you say Peter, the patina is great - well worn and full of character, but in really good condition.

CBI

looks really great however from now on Ian - we need pics of you WEARING your jackets!

Not true if we don't see YOU wearing it.

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Enjoy

Skip

Nice one Ian.

I have a refurbished one (original skin, new lining etc) from Mr Kelso, size 40, and it fits me like a glove, love it to death at the moment although its getting a bit hot here at 27 degrees. My wife keeps saying when she looks at me in it, It's just like one of those photos of guys on Carriers in one of my books.

Dr H

Thanks Matt. I was offered a refurbished original from BK too, but it would have been too small). It looked like a good deal.
Thankfully jacket season is long in the UK, particularly if one wears cape or goat. :D

taikonaut

Thanks guys. Will let you guys knows how it is when it arrives.
It looks like the jacket has hardly been broken into, it must have been a spare the pilot had. I will see about getting the knits replaced.

Stony

I was always fond of G&F M-422a jackets and this one looks to be really nice.

I was at JC's yesterday and saw a lot of cool jackets. ;)