• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Google-bot

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bfrench said:
.... we have a Bots section where the search engines can read our front page only if someone does a search looking for Vintage Leather JAckets - the Bots then have no other permission than reading the front page - that is the sign in or register page we all see before we log on.

Bill French

Yes ... I thought that google-bot, and his little friend from Yahoo, were supposed to have only limited access to the forum.

The nosy little insect has crawled right through the Members list on the old VLJ. Most members will find, that searching their own user ID will bring up a link to their VLJ profile.

Okay, it probably does no harm. On the other hand, is it any of Google's business?

Vintage Leather Jackets • Viewing profile - deeb7Viewing profile - deeb7. Board presence. User statistics. deeb7. Joined: Mon Apr 16, ... Profile. E-mail address:. PM: Send private message. MSNM/WLM:. YIM: ...
cornellsurgery.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=88&sid=30162591b3dd486a11112b6f31e1a52f - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

A

Anonymous

I just searched my own user name on Google and sure enough two links were posted to the old VLJ. I clicked on one and it took me straight to my Profile, no log in needed. So anything on there is open for public consumption.