• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Werber guidance?

Tim P

hi,
I am considering a trade offer, part of which is a Goodwear Werber which seems to be in a good size for me.
In order to help me make up my mind I would be interested to hear the pros and cons of this particular model including what the leather is, how the hardware compares to original and so on.
thanks
Tim

airfrogusmc

If I'm not mistaken Johns Werber is a 1942 and is real close. E-mail John I'm sure he could help you. I think if I remember right Pauls original 42 Werber had a double stamped Talon and I think John has some original NOS Talons.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tim P said:
so all this exclusively hookless zip malarkey and Werbers being pre war is bumph?

33-1729
36-1112 P
39-2951-P
42-1402 P

The Hookless zip is just a little extra from ELC.

Grant

I've never seen an original A-2 with a Hookless zip. I think they do it just to offer something a little different - or maybe they aren't allowed to reproduce the early Talon zips that were actually used.

Grant

airfrogusmc

Tim P said:
so all this exclusively hookless zip malarkey and Werbers being pre war is bumph?

The Talon/Hookless should be on the PRE WAR Werbers (33 & 39) the 42 was a much later contract than the 33 that Eastman makes. Regular Talons and such should be on the 42.