• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Werber A-2 in 44”

Dany McDonald

Hi Pilot,

Yes very nice and at a good price (from the images) but seller will not ship to Canada. Too many lost jackets in the mail he had to cover.

Thank you for sharing.

Dany

Pilot

Hi Pilot,

Yes very nice and at a good price (from the images) but seller will not ship to Canada. Too many lost jackets in the mail he had to cover.

Thank you for sharing.

Dany
Thx. Dany, sure someone here can help you out and have it shipped domestically and then transfer it to your place.
Why should the seller cover if properly shipped/insured?

Dany McDonald

Pilot,

I haven't asked about why or how he had to cover the lost package. Like he said he ended up eating the cost...

I am indecisive about it, it's still close to a grand in CAD and the shoulders are a bit wide but yes a ''relay'' would be a solution!

Thanx,

D

ties70

I didn't know that JC actually made that contract from Werber...couldn't it be an Eastman instead?

From a GW jacket, you would not only expect a perfectly balanced label but a precise collar stand lining seam...or did John offer "B quality" jackets at one time?

Pilot

Not available anymore...
Yes, maybe not GW... ( ELC... not GW)
Seller is surely reading all this ;)

Last edited:

Flightengineer

One my good friend and collector bought this jacket yesterday. But this seller refused to send it not directly to Russia, but to the address of an intermediary in the US (friend use it to minimize shipping charges). In the end, the seller canceled the deal and relisted jacket again. For some reason I think it wasn't John who made this jacket.
So let's assume that my friend is lucky that the deal was canceled.

Pilot

One my good friend and collector bought this jacket yesterday. But this seller refused to send it not directly to Russia, but to the address of an intermediary in the US (friend use it to minimize shipping charges). In the end, the seller canceled the deal and relisted jacket again. For some reason I think it wasn't John who made this jacket.
So let's assume that my friend is lucky that the deal was canceled.
The snaps/studs in the pockets... their markings ELC or UNITED CARR will confirm it..The label does already.

Last edited: