• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Werber A-2 in 44”

Flightengineer

The snaps/studs in the pockets... their markings ELC or UNITED CARR will tell it..

Brice, I don't want to perform the function of a spoiled radio, but as far as I understood from a conversation with my friend, this seller insisted that it is GW and was not very want to provide additional photos, and also hinted at friendship with John and thus tried to close all requests. However, later, after received the payment, what I wrote above happened. I don't know anything else. If my friend considers it necessary, I think he himself will post in this thread.

Pilot

Brice, I don't want to perform the function of a spoiled radio, but as far as I understood from a conversation with my friend, this seller insisted that it is GW and was not very want to provide additional photos, and also hinted at friendship with John and thus tried to close all requests. However, later, after received the payment, what I wrote above happened. I don't know anything else. If my friend considers it necessary, I think he himself will post in this thread.
Thx Dmitry.
No worries. The markings on the inside pocket studs/snaps ..... easy to take a photo, will tell.
...If the seller becomes a „fortune teller..“
The label is an ELC label.
Your friend owes you something! ;)

Last edited:

Pilot

John does make this contract. I bought one from him.
With a „ Werber Beacon NY“ label?
GW has a „Werber Newburgh“ label.
But ELC : „Werber Beacon NY „ label.

tibor

With a „ Werber Beacon NY“ label?
GW has a „Werber Newburgh“ label.
But ELC : „Werber Beacon NY „ label.

GW had a Beacon, NY label; glad John could clarify this instance though.

Dany McDonald

Guys, I just wrote to the seller with this new information. He may have acquired this Werber second hand and is unaware of the real paternity of the jacket being passed as a Good Wear...

I contacted him based on the confidence I have in this site members as being trusty individuals.

Thank you,

D

Pilot

Guys, I just wrote to the seller with this new information. He may have acquired this Werber second hand and is unaware of the real paternity of the jacket being passed as a Good Wear...

I contacted him based on the confidence I have in this site members as being trusty individuals.

Thank you,

D

Pilot

Thx. and fair enough..
Would be easy and fair to change his add by mentioning „ unsure“ or „ maybe an ELC“...
... and easy to check the „ ELC“ markings ( or United Carr if a GW) on the inside of the pockets fasteners... and post a photo of these markings.

Dany McDonald

Thx. and fair enough..
Would be easy and fair to change his add by mentioning „ unsure“ or „ maybe an ELC“...
... and easy to check the „ ELC“ markings ( or United Carr if a GW) on the inside of the pockets fasteners... and post a photo of these markings.

Pilot yes an update in description and more images. The seller seems honest and fair. But good images tells more than a description in most cases with this hobby of ours... ;) And his auction is thin on it, lets say.

Will see if he reacts to the new info about the paternity of his jacket.

Regards,
Dany

Last edited: