• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Rough Wear A2 Size 46

ausreenactor

I only buy stuff I think will appreciate. The general aim with good miitaria is a double in value over 10 years. Vietnam stuff you could not give away at disposals is now worth top dollar in Australia.

I have only ever really lost one RM A,-2. Started at $0.99 with no rreserve. Fetched mid US$400s around 2011-12. With today's exchange rate I am on a winner!

Micawber

In 50+ years on and off collecting my aim has always been to seek and acquire what I like and what gives me a buzz. More than half the fun is in the seeking, not hoarding with a view to making a profit somewhere down the line. Same ethos with acquiring works of art, antiques, classic vehicles etc. My investing is a totally different ballgame.

Pilot

In 50+ years on and off collecting my aim has always been to seek and acquire what I like and what gives me a buzz. More than half the fun is in the seeking, not hoarding with a view to making a profit somewhere down the line. Same ethos with acquiring works of art, antiques, classic vehicles etc. My investing is a totally different ballgame.
Totally agree with that... Not at all the case for a few new members here...operating with different Crapbay IDs and with different location/addresses.... but easy to spot/track.

Griffon_301

Totally agree too! Besides "collecting" some flight jackets, I am more seriously collection aviation and maritime history books and I have followed that line as well... searching for that obscure or rare or hard to come by book can be real fun...I love strolling thru the book stalls at Duxford and look for this or that and I have more often than not been luckY in finding signed editions or real bargains or certain series of books...I managed to get Bowman's "We were Eagles" series of four books for 40 pounds together! That's cheaper than single volumes in paperback combined...

Of course collecting some of the books with an eye on reselling them at a later point for some money to finance other purchases also contributes to the thrill of the chase ...

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Totally agree too! Besides "collecting" some flight jackets, I am more seriously collection aviation and maritime history books and I have followed that line as well... searching for that obscure or rare or hard to come by book can be real fun...I love strolling thru the book stalls at Duxford and look for this or that and I have more often than not been luckY in finding signed editions or real bargains or certain series of books...I managed to get Bowman's "We were Eagles" series of four books for 40 pounds together! That's cheaper than single volumes in paperback combined...

Of course collecting some of the books with an eye on reselling them at a later point for some money to finance other purchases also contributes to the thrill of the chase ...
Nailed it!