• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Rough Wear A2 Size 46

Changeling

Nice looking Rough Wear for sale on Ebay.

Pilot

All mine (ex)...all 46” ...same 23”3/4...Some were test jackets, three were orders...where I was mentioning “ standard 46” please...
22” pit-pit is not standard for JC’s 46” A-2 jackets.

Last edited:

zoomer

It's a tough business, and I suspect size 48 is the point of diminishing returns - whether custom made or off the rack.

Pilot

For those interested in bidding...I would ask for all other relevant measurements...just to make sure...not showing the full jacket ( arm length pe...) might be due to a special order...shorter arms pe etc.......22” pit-pit is not a standard for JC’s 46” A-2 jackets...in no way.....Other than that...a great well made jacket...and superbe hide....my 0,1 cent input...

Last edited:

Southoftheborder

I bought a Good Wear from him a couple of years ago and if I recall his measurements on the listing were off, so this is probably too. He also tried to weasel out of sending it because it didn't reach a high enough price...

CBI

a hot water, tumble dryer treatment (if done in this case) could have lead to some shrinkage?

Southoftheborder

I hate that!
[/QUOTE

Yep. He knew what he was doing too because he tried to make me a non payer so I couldn't leave negative feedback. He sent my payment back and claimed that this Paypal account was closed down and he wanted me to resend the money to another unrelated account. His tone was very demanding. Not a hint of 'sorry for all this.' Just resend the money to this other account. Of course I wasn't going to do that. Then he prevaricated and delayed and then stopped replying to try to string me along until I became a non payer.

I sorted him out through eBay and they made him accept my payment and send the jacket.

Officer Dibley

The buyer will think he got a real deal. However another GW just sold for £400. That, gentlemen is the current residual value of a $1500 jacket someone had to wait 2 years for !!
That is a great reason not to go GW.....residual only the same as an old ELC

tibor

Uh, officer... if you’re looking for investments I’m pretty sure you can do better than leather jackets in general.
And otherwise, a bit of an exaggeration. Many jackets were bought 2nd hand for a lot less than $1500. What that price buys is customization to you, expert craftsmanship, authenticity, and customer service.
Plenty of great choices out there, including Good Wear, Eastman, Aero and the like, each with their advantages.

Officer Dibley

Did you actually read my post ??

Firstly, i don’t buy jackets as an investment - though at least one person here does.

An investment usually means you make money above what you paid when you sell. I never mentioned that at all. I said that the residual values of high priced jackets has dropped further..... so your statement about 2nd hand jackets being bought for much less than $1500 is actually agreeing with me !

As for the higher price giving you extra, it only gives you customization. Which of itself makes a jacket less authentic as originals were set dimensions per chest size per maker/contract. The very fact that there are 2nd hand GW (& others) tells us all that many who paid big bucks and waited a long time to get their jacket were disappointed enough with it to prefer to sell and lose a lot of money than keep it and wear it even if it wasn’t 100% perfect for them....

Better customer service ? you made me laugh out loud: there are many posts with people sick of no responses to multiple emails to GW (& others) and tired enough of the increasing waiting times to cancel orders. I can’t recall the last time a forum member posted about receiving their new GW.

ELC & Aero have the best customer service. Bar none.

Thanks for pointing out that there are many jacket makers with differing plus points. i had no idea ! Who’d have thought that ? Thanks for the education :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tibor

My my, such an irritable fellow. That is not my experience with GW. I received an exceptional M-422 with hand done art just a couple months ago. i don’t think residual value is a measure of the value of the original product. Range Rovers are quite nice, but they don’t hold their value particularly well.

Brettafett

My first GW RW27752 size 40 was just shy of 23" pit to pit. My GW RW1401 size 40 was 22.5"... Go figure.

Officer Dibley

My my, such an irritable fellow. That is not my experience with GW. I received an exceptional M-422 with hand done art just a couple months ago. i don’t think residual value is a measure of the value of the original product. Range Rovers are quite nice, but they don’t hold their value particularly well.

My, my ignorant fellow.
Nope, i guess English is not your first language coz you still don’t appear to have understood my thread. But you don’t appear worth the effort to get through your thick nugget.
Love that ignore function :cool: