• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear Pics

T-Bolt

Zoomer, That GW United certainly looks fine on you! I am thinking more and more about a United Sheep!

Ted

Cobblers161

ties70 said:
Hi,

And here is a GoodWear NoName 27553..

gwfront2_worn.jpg

goodwear_back_left.jpg

goodwear_left.jpg

Best regards,

Ties
I'm loving the 27553, nice fit. I'm amazed at how John can size and make these jackets via email and phone across the continents. A very skilled craftsman indeed!

ties70

Cobbler,

if your St. Pauli avatar shows that you are from Hamburg, well, I would be glad to come around and show you the jacket in person.

Ties

zoomer

T-Bolt said:
Zoomer, That GW United certainly looks fine on you! I am thinking more and more about a United Sheep!
Thanks T. This one is a prototype and wasn't made to my measure, so there are minor fit issues around the shoulders - but not as pronounced as Bronco (a sister company in the Spiewak troika). Still it is a joy to wear and the materials are the highest quality thruout.

Cobblers161

ties70 said:
Cobbler,

if your St. Pauli avatar shows that you are from Hamburg, well, I would be glad to come around and show you the jacket in person.

Ties

Thanks Ties, I live in the UK but follow FC St Pauli for my sins. I also ride old Vespas too.

ties70

[quote="Cobblers161
Thanks Ties, I live in the UK but follow FC St Pauli for my sins. I also ride old Vespas too.[/quote]

...all your sins shall be washed away... ;)

The jacket was actually not made for me but as one of John's prototypes (I guess it was the second jacket of this contract ever made by John.). He wore it personally for a while and got several WWII aces to sign the lining. As perfect as the jacket is for me, you can be sure that in the meantime John's 27553 contract jackets has become even better, as he constantly states that he has learned a lot more after he started making the first few jackets.

Re. your Vespas:
It would be great to see some pictures of your scooters. I currently have four smallframe rides (Two Vespa 50 Special, one Zündapp 50R and a Lambretta J50).

Best regards,

Ties

Cobblers161

Ties, you're clearly not a man for speed then! :)

I love the 50 Special, very classy machine. I ride a 1968 Sprint, matt black and with a 210 Malassi thats been extensively tuned. I'll pm a pic over as I can't figure out how to post one, plus I guess it's not the right thread?

I currently have a Goodwear on order, a 16160, so I'm very excited about seeing the craftsmanship first hand.

C.J.

zoomer said:
United 18777-P in Bonanza steer.

2123179246_75827366aa_o.jpg
2122405965_a5eda825eb_o.jpg

2003337104_c7df73fdfe.jpg
2003336566_2a77a9622b.jpg

Color now a tick darker since treating with Tana oil-tanned restorer. Actually, it now looks about like this in real life - the photos ran dark tho the jacket was lighter.

That's just amazing! I would have never thought that was a repro.