• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear in Stingray hide

johnnynotoes-1

Jeeeesus. F88k off with the petty shite please. I stroll in here occasionally looking for some peace and time with topics that interest me. Go find a f**king parking lot children. My apologies to the moderators for my perhaps inappropriate outburst. Scrappy puppies are not entertainment page after page.

johnnynotoes-1

Pardon my language venerable members...ad hoc n' all. And youse two roostering gangsters and yer ilk should both pick the cotton outta yer bum cracks and get back to adulthood. How embarrassin'...on a public friggin' forum!!! There...I'm done. ;)

airfrogusmc

Some folks just can't keep it from get'n personal.

"I do know you didn't own one of these jacket Allen, so I don't know why you felt inclined to bring up this subject, again, seven years after the fact.

Jesus, still the same old bullshit.

~Swing"

Swing

airfrogusmc said:
Some folks just can't keep it from get'n personal.

"I do know you didn't own one of these jacket Allen, so I don't know why you felt inclined to bring up this subject, again, seven years after the fact.

Jesus, still the same old bullshit.

~Swing"

Um, how is pointing out that you never owned one of the jackets in question, "getting personal". There was nothing "moody" about my post. You "felt like taking a trip down memory lane". Fine, I added some facts and opinion on history that you brought up. I've avoided bringing up any of the garbage that happened 6 to 9 years ago. You on the other hand....

And I'm the moody, juvenile, bad guy.... :roll:

~Swing

airfrogusmc

:roll: :lol: :lol:

I've owned several Eastmans and never bought that particular model because I didn't and don't favor it but have seen plenty of them and still have a right to my opinion. You took it to the a personal level trying to discredit my opinion because I didn't buy that particular Eastman. I've seen plenty of them even had good friends that had that model jacket from that era so I have seen enough to have an opinion and a fairly educated one at that.

Chandler

Vcruiser said:
BTW...my tone comes about simply because of your blind allegiance.

You assume far too much. But to Airfrog's observation that there's far too many taking things too personally in all of this (strange observation of the forest from his stand of trees), I have to agree -- it's amazing how the blood pressures seem to go up quickly over a simple question around here.

Chandler

Chandler

Swing said:
airfrogusmc said:
Just wondering why you, someone who doesn't even own one of the jackets, is even bringing the subject up, seven years after the fact,

Sorry to fan the fire on something nearly decade old, and I apologize for opening old wounds that obviously haven't healed well.
I still sort of wonder just how anyone can really tell the difference between horse and steerhide in a jacket.

Chandler

airfrogusmc

Chandler

I only make it personal once its been made personal. We as a group should not tolerate personal attacks and if someone starts it we I think all of us should jump on them and respond in kind. You wanna play then be ready to get a little dirty or just behave and keep it non personal. Sooner or later they'll either get it or be under constant attack.

Ole swing seems to follow me around and jump on me every chance he gets. You notice my comment was not very detailed. In fact there were others that gave much more detailed accounts of Daisy Gate and yet he choose to only come after me. I have never and will never run from a good fight. On the old FJE anytime some made a nice comment about or in some cases just used the A word they were immediately attacked by the three amigos. Bullying and personal attacks and yes even censorship was the rule of the day. Allot of us remember. Even shut the site down after some photos and kind words were posted about Aero and then blamed the entire episode on the buggers on the back of the bus. It didn't bother me one bit just don't bring those tactics over here.

A few remember, Van, Grant, Skip, Chris, Jake and a few others. So all folks gotta do is not start the personal attacks when you disagree. Its that simple. And its usually the same folks all the time.

Allen

zoomer

GRAY_small.jpg

The aardvark has left the building.

Vcruiser

Chandler said:
Vcruiser said:
BTW...my tone comes about simply because of your blind allegiance.

You assume far too much. I have to agree -- it's amazing how the blood pressures seem to go up quickly over a simple question around here.

Chandler

I'm not assuming....just simply reading your posts. How words are put together in defense of something you know little about or care to investigate. Otherwize..your mind is made up reguardless if anyone else may have once felt mislead or not. A dismissal as just rumor or speculation no matter what. Some of us "cared" then about how others felt and how it played out. This forum consists(and did then) as a community of mainly nitpickers who lay their money down for specific details in high-end A2 replicas. Therefore..it can be quite disappointing if some would feel tricked....even if only by vague wording...especially by any of the reputable repro companies. I wonder if you would so easily scoff if it happened to some of our members more recently.......
VB

Vcruiser

Chandler said:
Swing said:
airfrogusmc said:
Just wondering why you, someone who doesn't even own one of the jackets, is even bringing the subject up, seven years after the fact,

Sorry to fan the fire on something nearly decade old, and I apologize for opening old wounds that obviously haven't healed well.
I still sort of wonder just how anyone can really tell the difference between horse and steerhide in a jacket.

Chandler

Evidentally the high-end jacket makers can tell the dif...you would think. Kinda dicey if they advertise it as such...and maybe put an HH tag in a jacket and can't back it up. Otherwize they could just send us any kinda hide. Of course..if they just say "hide"...I suppose they can send dressedup pig if they so choose....and expect those unaware to be slaphappy...
VB

Swing

airfrogusmc said:
Chandler

I only make it personal once its been made personal. We as a group should not tolerate personal attacks and if someone starts it we I think all of us should jump on them and respond in kind. You wanna play then be ready to get a little dirty or just behave and keep it non personal. Sooner or later they'll either get it or be under constant attack.

Ole swing seems to follow me around and jump on me every chance he gets. You notice my comment was not very detailed. In fact there were others that gave much more detailed accounts of Daisy Gate and yet he choose to only come after me. I have never and will never run from a good fight. On the old FJE anytime some made a nice comment about or in some cases just used the A word they were immediately attacked by the three amigos. Bullying and personal attacks and yes even censorship was the rule of the day. Allot of us remember. Even shut the site down after some photos and kind words were posted about Aero and then blamed the entire episode on the buggers on the back of the bus. It didn't bother me one bit just don't bring those tactics over here.

Allen, as soon as I joined this thread, you're the one that started the personal attacks. Not me. My pointing out that you never owned one of that jackets in question wasn't a personal attack. It was a simple statement of facts, and raises the question why someone who never owned one of the jackets appears to feel victimized by ELC, and takes a jab at them whenever the oppurtunity arises. "my friends owned those jackets". Well, it appears they've gotten over things better than you have.

Now, on top of bringing up "Daisygate", you feel the need to bring up the old Flight Jacket Etc. forum which closed back in 2001. Have these two events had such a truamatic effect on you, that you can't put them behind you, and seven years after the fact you still have to bring them up?

This get's back to the whole point of my intial post, same old BS. Stupid crap that shouldn't even be rehashed being brought up and argued over. But I quess I'm to blame since I responded to your initial post. But your initial comments weren't really anything more than a troll, right? I mean why make the comment unless you're looking to stir things up, right? Oh that's right it wasn't a troll, it was a "stroll down memory lane" to "educate new members".

~Swing

airfrogusmc

And the beat goes on and on and on....Folks can read and think for themselves. Clearly it was an attack to discredit my opinion. You can call it what want but a red car is a red can even if you want the color to be blue. Ya didn't say a word to anyone else that posted more elaborate descriptions also just go back to a couple of posts on the old site and you can CLEARLY see who the troll is. And again glad it shut down just don't bring that crap over here. Also I was talking about a jacket company not one of your family members. Can't for the life of me understand why it gets you so worked up when that said company gets a little criticism.

And on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on........

duke

So how can someone know if they have horsehide or not from an earlier ELC 1401? Mine has a tag that says it is "genuine superior horsehide" Should I think that the label is accurate? I bought it secondhand. Any help out there?

airfrogusmc

You're not try'n to convince us its blue when we all see its red.

The real question is whad'ya do with the aardvark? I don't think theres enough hide for a 422a.

zoomer

You'd need more 'varks than you would goats.
Just in case the goat supply got cut off, BuAer specced a piecework version, never produced, designated M-422AA. ;)