• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear in Stingray hide

A

Anonymous

Subject says it all. Need source for large russet brown stingray. Any advice?

A

Anonymous

Miles_Archer said:
Economy Candy on Stanton and Ludlow.

Useful. Do I get a free t-shirt with that?

Also need some buffalo hide for a new Irvin.

Vcruiser

My advice is...go right to the source. Bait several hooks...and stand on the long pier at St. Augustine Beach,Fla.(take a camera). We saw a large school of 30-35 Stingray several years ago swim right under it. Old native fisherman said that they must be migrating...and that he'd never seen a school that large. That was in the month of June. As far as Buffalo....a schoolmate of mine now raises them about 20 mi. from me. I'm sure he'd sell you one. Just bring a Sharps and a sharp skinning knife(and a camera)preferably in early winter when their coats are full. Just think of the adventure that would live on with those jackets...with pics. Pretty impressive.
VB

zoomer

Tranquility Base said:
Miles_Archer said:
Economy Candy on Stanton and Ludlow.

Useful. Do I get a free t-shirt with that?
No, just
mixtures-nuts-deluxe-rs_000.jpg

Russet brown stingray...Is JC actually agreeing to produce a jacket out of such a thing?

Just the thing to wear aboard your AAF style chopper or OD jeep ala kustom rod.
In keeping with how we love to mix eras here, ie: WW2 uniforms & a/c and rock & roll era everything else. :ugeek:

Chandler

Are you guys confusing stingray hide with sharkskin? 'Coz - sharkskin ain't really, you know?

Chandler

zoomer

airfrogusmc said:
Isn't that Stringray the "hide of default" ELC was using a few years back.
I thought that was that ultrasmooth, slightly reddish russet horse, that wears to tan along the edges.
2364173787_db3ccec6b6.jpg

airfrogusmc

HHMMM now I remember, actually it was cow that was the hide of default...Mustang hide was it? or sump'm like that.

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
HHMMM now I remember, actually it was cow that was the hide of default...

Funny, my ELC Star is steerhide, no question or cover-up about it. It happens to be the best fitting, best looking hide of any repro I have, the grain that's developing would make many of the grain-hungry members happy, and I don't think any of them would know it was steer from horse -- so what does it matter?

Doesn't Goodwear offer steerhide?

Chandler

shanghai joe

Funny, my ELC Star is steerhide, no question or cover-up about it. It happens to be the best fitting, best looking hide of any repro I have, the grain that's developing would make many of the grain-hungry members happy, and I don't think any of them would know it was steer from horse -- so what does it matter?

Chandler[/quote]

pix of your star?

Vcruiser

shanghai joe said:

Chandler

pix of your star?[/quote]

Yeah...
...But I think JC lets you know that it is steer...rather than have you expecting HH.
VB

JRaptor

This is a bit outta hand fella's... The fact of the matter is that JC's stuff is the best there is period! And as far as the others go, ELC and RMNZ or second best and Aero would have to pay me to wear one if there jackets... :lol:

Butt thats just me bein me.