• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoodWear Dubow 27798 after 8 years

Officer Dibley

Beautiful jacket. I have one too and the consistancy in character to our hides is something that should give most people a beyond reasonable expectation of getting a jacket that makes them ecstatic !

jeremiah

Not to detract at all from this beauty. But check out my newly dyed BK dubow. Color is close match as is the hide creasing and grain.
7A29666A-85DE-4553-A526-DDE9EC867FD7.jpeg
D63BBC69-623C-46BD-9124-70D0A684FFE4.jpeg

Edward

the grain on this jacket is delicious! looks like steak! Mmmmmmmm steak.... London broil! :)

Pilot

View attachment 9292 Even if I am not its first owner, but I wanted to post a few photos, how this jacket aged and stayed well in shape after 8 years....worth every cent...even if I did not pay the full price and only waited 4 days after payment.
Jacket has never been treated, nor oiled , nor anything...except worn.
John reproduced precisely the Dubow 27798 shown here...Check details... ( with better matching knitwork)
Note, very grainy at the front, much less in the back...
http://www.acmedepot.com/a2jacket/a2detail2.html

Pilot

In this thread or in a new one, maybe interesting to compare all available Dubow 27798 in detail.
Would maybe help a lot of prospects to decide which maker to choose.

silvio76

In this thread or in a new one, maybe interesting to compare all available Dubow 27798 in detail.
Would maybe help a lot of prospects to decide which maker to choose.
That would be nice. Unfortunately, i do not have Dubow jacket.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Pilot, those are fabulous photos and fantastic GW Dubow. Grain is incredible. Actually can't choose any proper word to explain my emotions about that Dubow correct. Very like the jaket. That's one of the best Dubow ever. No doubts.

Pilot

Pilot, those are fabulous photos and fantastic GW Dubow. Grain is incredible. Actually can't choose any proper word to explain my emotions about that Dubow correct. Very like the jaket. That's one of the best Dubow ever. No doubts.
Thx a lot....appreciate very much...please note how “ values and expectations “shift.....
Today its a no value repro....tomorrow everybody likes and makes funny offers...
@gav..I have so many GW A-2 jackets right now,..if interested make me a realistic offer...who knows..
Cheers
Brice

Last edited:

Pilot

Hey Pilot is this the same one that you wanted to sell a while back?
Hi Gav, still hoping and waiting....especialy since now according to recent posts of long time VLJ members , the A-2’’s with build in mismatches are more like the original WW2 A-2’s..
hence GW, ELC, AERO A-2’s are out..so is mine...apparently....

Last edited:

Pilot

Yeah too expensive for me. Anyway you should hang on to it!
Gav... thx... you hit the nail on its head...
.... and you dont want to see some promissing mails of some members here..... plus my last selling was for 450 Euo... what I paid.... only..

Last edited: