• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good WEP jacket repro?

JonnyCrow

That was why I suggested a GW .
I’ve never seen an original WEP in size 48.
Doesn’t mean they don’t exist , they’re just rare as rocking horse shit . The US Wings one would probably be the best choice for him as it’s longer in the body and they have size 48s.
The price is better than a GW
I thought the same Burt, US wings one longer in the body

ausreenactor

Capt ….
Correct on all counts but… he’s looking for a size 48, I don't know anyone other than GW and 5 * who would make a 48 for him.
BR 46 will do the job Burt...

I don't think anyone would want a WEP so much as to wait for a GW then realise its pretty much a jacket liner..... A pay $1500 sell $850 scenario...

A 46 will pop up on Yahoo Japan.... for about US$250

bn1966

My old one
32319A5C-55A5-49EC-9CEA-7B59C33513B9.jpeg

McNally

This is the cheap one on eBay I found. It more or less looks like what I want but the colors are a little off and I’m also too much of a perfectionist to accept it, even though it’s very affordable. And also who’s to say the photos are even representative?
866EB461-8803-42E9-9306-7F23AD2CA398.jpeg

ausreenactor

Ahhh, gotcha.

Buzz Rickson might be well out of my budget, lol. I’ve seen their stuff
They sell cheaply mate... not many chase them ELC Rough Wear B-10 in a 44 went for $250 last night. Went to bed. I have an RM Stagg B-10 and two BR B-10s already... And a short Godars offering..

Will keep an eye out for you.

blackrat2

It’s like all things, ask for measurements
The one I posted up was a 46L from memory but ask for measurements

269sqnhudson

Does anyone know how originals fit? I saw an original size 46 on eBay today that got me thinking.
I had a 46L original (an Alpha 1972 contract and yes, it was an issue original, not a modern Alpha). It fit like a 46 in the chest and shoulders, but v.trim in the waist (I was a 46 chest at that point, it was too small for me really so I sold it).
I have Real McCoys repros in a 44L now that remarkably fit like a 48, I'm a 48 measured chest and the 44L fits me well. They are pricey but I absolutely love mine to bits!

McNally

I really should have bought one in the spring from Gibson and Barnes when I still had the chance, but I was still in the UK for grad school and didn't want to pay for shipping.

D'oh.

McNally

I reached out to Gibson and Barnes on the off chance they had some unsold stock on hand. They confirmed that they have, in fact, discontinued the WEP jacket and that they don’t have any unsold jackets.

Darn.

Looks like the Cockpit USA repro is gonna win by default.

McNally

Anyone know how the Gibson and Barnes jackets fit? I found a L-R on eBay and according to the measurements (which match closely with measurements from another L-R that sold on another website) it comes out as somehow larger than my size 50 Avi M-422a.

I assumed I was doing something horribly horribly wrong but no matter how I measured it the numbers on the G&B jacket come out as larger.