• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good WEP jacket repro?

McNally

I’ve been thinking about getting a repro to WEP jacket for awhile (I wear a 48 so originals in my size don’t crop up often) and I discovered that Gibson and Barnes no longer sells one. Does anyone else make a good repro at a price that won’t make me weep? I think the pockets on the Cockpit USA version are too high up.

B-Man2

A size 48 WEP is going to be difficult to find .
Bronson makes a decent one but I think they max out at a size 44. You may have to have a custom one made .

ausreenactor

BR go to a 46...

They are wide in the shoulders and tight at the waist. Like most BR Nylons they are roomy in the shoulders and chest..

Patched okay? Or clean?

McNally

If Bronsons run large and go to a 46 then I might have a chance…

Oh for the days when I could fit into a 42.

B-Man2

Ouch...

BRs pop up all the time for under $300...

There is an original Martin Lane 42R for $50 now..

Try 'Alpha Industries' and see what they have...
Capt ….
Correct on all counts but… he’s looking for a size 48, I don't know anyone other than GW and 5 * who would make a 48 for him.

Cyril

Hey there,
I don't know about the quality of those, below but they go up to a 46 and the cuffs makes it look like they tried to do a good copy...
Cheers

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-09 um 08.49.54.png

this following is presented as a size "L", could be worth asking for measurements:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-09 um 08.50.31.png

JonnyCrow

We have them here repro, run to xl, XXL and 2xl, 139 euros, not bad I guess

B-Man2

US wings do one in your size

They customized this one and made it longer in the body . The originals were shorter in length as they were the top half of a flight suit and attached to flight pants . Actually this might fit better as the originals had a tendency to ride up on you .

JonnyCrow

They customized this one and made it longer in the body . The originals were shorter in length as they were the top half of a flight suit and attached to flight pants . Actually this might fit better as the originals had a tendency to ride up on you .
Burt I think McNally is going to struggle getting a 48 even a original, I haven't seen many

B-Man2

That was why I suggested a GW .
I’ve never seen an original WEP in size 48.
Doesn’t mean they don’t exist , they’re just rare as rocking horse shit . The US Wings one would probably be the best choice for him as it’s longer in the body and they have size 48s.
The price is better than a GW

McNally

That was why I suggested a GW .
I’ve never seen an original WEP in size 48.
Doesn’t mean they don’t exist , they’re just rare as rocking horse shit . The US Wings one would probably be the best choice for him as it’s longer in the body and they have size 48s.
The price is better than a GW
I found an original unissued WEP in 48 on eBay but they want over a grand for it. That’s not in the budget right now. Or possibly ever.
US wings do one in your size

I thought the pockets on those looked too high up but it makes sense if they lengthened the jacket. Definitely on the list now. I also found a dubious Chinese copy that looks more or less ok except the knit material might be too dark, it’s hard to tell from the photos.