• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good B-11 and B-9 Parka repros?

MeachamLake

Does anybody make a decent repro of these? They seem like really practical jackets that deserve more attention than they get!

Pilot

Buzz Rickson’s makes a great B-9 but discontinued the B-11.
If lucky you may get one of these in Yahoo.jp or Rakuten.jp for a very good price.
Also, a few good originals, show up here and there...if the size matches..
At the end of the day, its depending on what you want to spend and what are your priorities...
Authenticity vs. investment...

Last edited:

Carl

Does anybody make a decent repro of these? They seem like really practical jackets that deserve more attention than they get!
You dont see many original B9's up for sale , but the original B11's are frequently up on fleabay and a bargain can be sure to be found im sure !
Be careful of the so called " originals " though . Many are post war made for the civilian market .

Pilot

You dont see many original B9's up for sale , but the original B11's are frequently up on fleabay and a bargain can be sure to be found im sure !
Be careful of the so called " originals " though . Many are post war made for the civilian market .
Thx Carl, agree...did not only mean "Crapbay" when refering to the "time to time show up" , but Militaria Forums, Militaria Shows/Markets, Garage Sales etc...

Pilot

Yup ! agree, a very nice parka..(the next on my wish list) .If I am not mistaken it was also called the Ski- (pull-over) Parka right?
Also, during Korea War, there was a full zipped Version (still having its hood fur trimed and attached), so not only a pull-over version...if not mistaken...it was all just prior the "Fish tail" versions...I believe....but unsure.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

That I DO have here. The M-51 fishtail parka... BR made a good version. Here in dive bag somewhere in the store room.

Carl

Yup ! agree, a very nice parka..(the next on my wish list) .If I am not mistaken it was also called the Ski- (pull-over) Parka right?
Also, during Korea War, there was a full zipped Version (still having its hood fur trimed and attached), so not only a pull-over version...if not mistaken...it was all just prior the "Fish tail" versions...I believe....but unsure.
My D2 parka
20170805_110007.jpg
20170805_110111.jpg