• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good B-11 and B-9 Parka repros?

917_k

He wasn’t expecting a D-2 parka? It was a ‘B9 parka’, or more correctly a post-war civilian version.

Out of interest @bfd70 what was wrong with it? Personally if you’re on the hunt for a USAAF cold weather parka I’d go for a B-11 or one of the post-war M47 style parkas. They’ve not cheap, but very well made and a lot more common than the proper B-9.

bfd70

He wasn’t expecting a D-2 parka? It was a ‘B9 parka’, or more correctly a post-war civilian version.

Out of interest @bfd70 what was wrong with it? Personally if you’re on the hunt for a USAAF cold weather parka I’d go for a B-11 or one of the post-war M47 style parkas. They’ve not cheap, but very well made and a lot more common than the proper B-9.
It was just fine. Not great nor terrible. Guessing newer than older. Not quite as warm as I’d hoped but definitely room to layer. Only paid $50 bucks plus shipping. Anyone is welcome to it for $50 (conus). Won’t bother posting in the classifieds.

ausreenactor

Tracking..

It was 'surprising' to read that a purchased jacket wasn't up to expectations.

I bought a D-2 and when it arrived it had no zipper... which I was aware of. What I didn't realise was just how cumbersome it was to 'don and doff'.