• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goldsmith A-2 Reproduction - Headwind Mfg Co

zoomer

should there even be any? Earliest contracts had the latches sewn into a slit, rather than riveted.
(Good Wear '33 Werber)

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 10.10.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 10.10.45 AM.png

Last edited:

Skyhawk

Jay.................don't shoot the messangers

Quite the contrary, I was asking what everyone thought about the hook attachment method and I always appreciate feedback. Thanks guys!

If it had been visible in the photos, it would be easy to get it right with no guesswork.

B-Man2

The amount of research that goes into making accurate repros of all these jackets is impressive.
Great job by all the makers ....and impressive input by you guys as well.:)

zoomer

I for one am confident that unless a surviving Goldy has wild card details, like a yoked shoulder, it will be essentially the jacket Jay is making.

Skyhawk

Should be next week. The boys in production are working hard to redo all the small details that were not 100% correct last time.
I am not rushing them. I would rather them get it right. My last estimate from them is that it will be in my hands on Friday.

Regards,
Jay