• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goat A-2s

Clark J

I was at Jeff Ks today and I had my new GW Dub goat with and JK took some shots with a mint Cable(if memory serves me)..so take a look there pretty amazing!!
086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

TankBuster

I have to say that Chapmans goat is pretty amazing. After we laid
Clarks Goodwear next to my original Doniger, it was a eye opener.
It was pretty neat to see. The thickness and pebbling was extremely
close, as well as the color.

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
Yeah the goat he gets is really nice.

This particular jacket looks very much like my FS/GW goat A-2. Is JC sourcing hide from the same supplier for goat?

Chandler

airfrogusmc

I donno?

I had a sample of their (G&BS) veg tanned goat a while back and the I don't thnk that JCs goat was the same. The stuff Paul had wasn't as stiff as the FS/G&B sample that I had but I could be wrong..
That sample of goat I had from FS was really nice stuff...
So is the stuff JC is using.

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
The stuff Paul had wasn't as stiff as the FS/G&B sample that I had but I could be wrong..

Mine was stiff when new, but has broken in to be very pliable.

Chandler

greyhound52

Chandler said:
airfrogusmc said:
Yeah the goat he gets is really nice.

This particular jacket looks very much like my FS/GW goat A-2. Is JC sourcing hide from the same supplier for goat?

Chandler

FS gets their goat from Pakistan (so they told me) John/GW gets it from somewhere other than Pakistan. So not the same supplier. His stuff is amazing my clone Doniger is so much like the original it is scary.

rikitiki

I like the softness, durability and flexibility of goat. When I'm looking for casual comfort, a beater jacket, or travelling, I pick my FS goat, in black or seal. They break in easily and rapidly.

But to me, a "real" A-2 is horsehide. The pebblely texture of goat doesn't fit my ingrained image of the A-2 as seen in the movies and TV through the years. So when I'm attending an aviation related event, I pick my mahogany FS A-2. I prefer the texture of horsehide though they aren't as comfortable as goat. Break-in on my FS HH took almost two years, wearing it about 10 hrs. per week and it's still stiffer than a brand new goatskin.

tgd31968

rikitiki said:
I like the softness, durability and flexibility of goat. When I'm looking for casual comfort, a beater jacket, or travelling, I pick my FS goat, in black or seal. They break in easily and rapidly.

But to me, a "real" A-2 is horsehide. The pebblely texture of goat doesn't fit my ingrained image of the A-2 as seen in the movies and TV through the years. So when I'm attending an aviation related event, I pick my mahogany FS A-2. I prefer the texture of horsehide though they aren't as comfortable as goat. Break-in on my FS HH took almost two years, wearing it about 10 hrs. per week and it's still stiffer than a brand new goatskin.

I have a russet HH A-2 from Us Authentic. They tend use very thick heavy hides. I have had it about 1 year, and it still feels bullet proof. I wore it every day last winter, on and off in the summer when it was cool at night, and now every day since October. It has picked up some graining, especially on the right arm. Probably because I am right handed and use that arm more.
I really like the jacket, and I like the heavier skin as it seems less likely to snag and tear on something.