• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gloves.. ELC vs Garcia

Steve Canyon

MikeyB-17

Bah! Don't talk to me about A-10's. I missed out by a quid on a pair of ELC's on Ebay the other day. :evil: I'm not paying the silly money ELC charge for them new these days-I don't care how great they are, 90-odd quid is too much for a pair of gloves, IMHO. I'm having a think about the Garcia's-I noticed Paddy had a pair in one of his pics the other day. I too have heard MASH's are excellent, but whether they are ELCs or not I'm not sure. As I recall they were also pretty pricey.

handworn

Garcia repros are not in general high quality. I haven't gotten their A-10s, but they look iffy to me. I do have a pair of Garcia R.A.F. 1941 pattern gloves, and I sort of go back and forth about them. The pattern and construction are OK, but the zipper is stiff and the leather is thin.

Got them, FWIW, new via eBay; Garcia Aviation is "brittsbits" there, I think. The actual early aviation collectibles and the repro flying scarf I've gotten from them are just fine.

Tim P

I thought fifty quid was a lot... ninety, :eek:
sorry Gary, credit crunch and all that, everything has taken a hike way past inflation. seven hundred for a roughwear... quality yes..but best value?
Looks like my desire to continually upgrade has lost impetus.

I have some Garcias that I got for a tenner and they will have to do warts and all.

Willy McCoy

If a member has both gloves from Garcia and ELC it would be nice to get a picture of the differences and a point by point comparison. Opinions are great, but when I see it come to a "Glove Shootout" it gets a little murky. A definitive answer to this would be great. Either way I do not see buying a pair of repo gloves over $100 USD. I am not an re-enactor.

A2 B3au

Did aero not supply A10 back then do u know if there versions are same as the Garcia copies they priced similar nice one Art