• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gibson & Barnes M-422

Brettafett

Sizing may be inside one of the pockets.
The measurements would likely make it close to an original size 42, however G&B will likely label it as a 38 ;) .
Back when I was looking at one of these, the sizing was soo convoluted I gave up. It was looking like I'd need a 36 or 38 long! Where my ELC was a 42, same measurements as this. (My original M422a was a 40 with these basic measurements)
No way is this near the best M422 repro lol They did get the collar profile right and the jacket generally looks good, but there are better repros out there.
GW arguably makes the best, followed by Headwind Mfg (search for Nahua's M422 repro, and I had an HL Block, insanely good jackets) and even ELC's is a better all-round repro. BK has not made one in a while, but there's looked good also. Japanese makers also make them.
Worth a go if in the US...

A side note for UK/ EU buyers. Another example of why NOT to by from the US. Jacket currently at £276. Postage quoted at over £36, import duties add another £118 + !!!! Good luck!

Last edited:

Heisenberg

I search an excellent M-422 or AN6552 repro size 44 in the manufacturers you gave me ... if someone sells ;)