• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gibson Barnes B-3

Doug C

The jacket looks great I agree and I love the fact it's not overly thick, but what I really love is seeing it in a video presentation like that.. wish that was the case with every repro jacket I was interested in! You get a real feel for how it might behave when worn, matter of fact the video would be better if it did feature someone wearing it for a few moments.

Doug C

rikitiki

A friend just received one Friday, the the first one I've ever seen up close or tried on. The two toned jacket is strange looking, with flaps, seam coverings, contrasting panels, and buckles everywhere. Very busy looking. It's obviously built strictly for function not looks. It felt very comfortable except the the buckles and straps flapping around. The shearling was pleasantly a lot thinner than expected: I had expected the insulation to make me look like the Michelin man.

The construction was good but not great. Some the stitching looked a bit crooked and weak, especially around the wrist, which is very unusual for a Gibson and Barnes.

The B-3 too weird for casual wear, though it might work in Hollywood, where my friend happens to live. Steve McQueen looked good in one in "The War Lover". But few of us are as cool as McQueen.

BTW what is the function of those small square flaps on the shoulders?