• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gibson and Barnes M 422a

Garylafortuna

The M-422A is no longer listed on their website, although they still make the Navy G-1, and a civilian version. Drew Williams, one of their managers told me that they moved the jacket manufacturing facility to Mexico, must be a couple years ago now. Looks like they're doing a little trimming. The M-422A isn't the only jacket they no longer make. About five or six years ago they made me a beautiful Indy jacket in dark seal goat which is still going strong. The G&B M-422A was actually a quality jacket made with veg tanned russet goat. Leather jackets I think are no longer their main claim to fame.

regius

I hope the resume leather jacket making in Mexico, they are practically in Mexico already employing mainly Mexican workers. They are top notch skilled workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airfrogusmc

If I remember correctly they had a guy named Dave that was taking care of their historic line of jackets?

tibor

Yeah, also stopped the Raiders (sort of a “G-2”) and Expedition (Indiana Jones) models.

Garylafortuna

The G&B company is located in El Cajon CA, just south of San Diego, but they moved their jacket manufacturing facility to the Mexican side, perhaps to find better leather craft people, and to cut labor costs. Could be that they are located in Tijuana or Tecate which is a stones through away. The quality of their jackets is very good, but their A-2 jackets are styled more like current issue.

Gibson & Barnes - Flight Suits, Uniforms, Leather Jackets, Flying Helmets & Aviation Supplies