• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a new A2

RudyN

First of all I want to introduce myself. My Name is Rudy from Silicon Valley in California and I am brand new here. I heard about this forum on The Fedora Lounge. I have a US wings A2 in Horsehide and am now beginning to save up my money for an upper tier A2. I have so far looked at Aero leather Clothing, Eastman (History Preservation Associates and Good Wear Leather Co. Are there any other vendors/makers I should take a look at as I want to make sure that I do get an authetic WWII type A2. Thanks in advance.

RudyN

Andrew

I would recommend Goodwear as my favourite, but I also have a Real McCoys;

http://www.realmccoys.co.nz/

Goodwear United Sheeplined (Cow)

508.jpg

RIMG0353.jpg

RMNZ Dubow (seal HH)

RIMG0288.jpg

Hi Rudy and welcome

Yeah, there is also Real McCoys New Zealand. There are some Japanese makers as well, but as far as I know they don't sell outside japan, or at least in the U.S. I'd also recommend Good Wear. If you are buying your first high end jacket you won't find anyone more helpful than John Chapman who owns and runs it.

Falcon_52

Rudy:

Welcome to the VLJ forum! If you are looking for a WWII era jacket, Good Wear is probably the way to go. John makes great replicas of the wartime A-2s. Also, I can personally recommend the Eastman Werber A-2. It's pre-WWII but is a fantastic jacket - it's my daily wearer.

Noel

khiattP-51

Allen,

I'd forgotten about those comparison photos of your GW Dubow. That is too cool. One look at those pictures of your 27798 and nothing else needs to be said to convince me.

-Kevin

RudyN

When I get my jacket it will be made for me (no e-bay) as I would like to get one that is for me. I was leaning toward Goodwear and thanks to the information here I am 99% sure that it will be who I do get it from. Only have to save up some money now. :mrgreen:

airfrogusmc

tcwu said:
RudyN said:
When I get my jacket it will be made for me (no e-bay) as I would like to get one that is for me. I was leaning toward Goodwear and thanks to the information here I am 99% sure that it will be who I do get it from. Only have to save up some money now. :mrgreen:

also it's at least one month waiting time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell me whose not 4 months?

rich

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how long it would take for a skilled worker to make an A2? Does anyone know? (I can sew on a button if pushed, usually only takes me a day or so....) Please ignore/excuse the question if it's indiscreet.

A

Anonymous

Believe me, those jackets are worth waiting for.(GW). You could have an Aero in a week but you could not pay me to wear one.

greyhound52

rich said:
Out of curiosity, I was wondering how long it would take for a skilled worker to make an A2? Does anyone know? (I can sew on a button if pushed, usually only takes me a day or so....) Please ignore/excuse the question if it's indiscreet.

I consider John (Goodwear owner and operator) a skilled worker and he averages one every two to three days. Of course he is a perfectionist.

airfrogusmc

wing nut said:
Believe me, those jackets are worth waiting for.(GW). You could have an Aero in a week but you could not pay me to wear one.

Wing you got the GW statement right

but my Aero 6552 ROCKS.

A

Anonymous

Roger that Allen, I ment Aero of Scotland A-2 vs Goodwear A-2.

airfrogusmc

wing nut said:

I'm partial to my Dubow bro, no doubt. Best freak'n A-2 repro I've ever owned and one that I wont be getting rid of. Now an A-1 :roll: :lol: :lol:
And if I could only talk him into making a 50s G-1....hint...hint.

A

Anonymous

airfrogusmc said:
wing nut said:

I'm partial to my Dubow bro, no doubt. Best freak'n A-2 repro I've ever owned and one that I wont be getting rid of. Now an A-1 :roll: :lol: :lol:
And if I could only talk him into making a 50s G-1....hint...hint.

I'd love it if JC made a 422a repro. . . . Think about it--that great russet goat he sources spray dyed seal. Man, I'd get one. But they are more labor intensive to make than an A-2.