• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GET ON IT!

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

That 16159 is one example of only 9700 jackets made under that contract according to Eastman’s book. Speaking of it, does anyone has an original 16159 label that might want to sell. Looking for one....

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

If anyone buys it, please take some good close-ups of the Talon zipper. From what I can see, it is pre-1938. It would help with another project I am working on.
This is mine from the same contract, hope it helps.
2E176510-BE88-43B4-A952-D6D7F7996A9A.jpeg

mulceber

I think you're getting at a question I've had for a little while now - Eastman's guide gives the dates for when the contracts were let (FWIW, for the 16159 it was Nov. 2 1940), but how long was it from getting the contract to delivering the finished product?

Ed Rooney

I think you're getting at a question I've had for a little while now - Eastman's guide gives the dates for when the contracts were let (FWIW, for the 16159 it was Nov. 2 1940), but how long was it from getting the contract to delivering the finished product?

1940 is good enough for me, and it confirms some earlier findings. I’m looking for a mid-30’s, #6 Talon, probably brass.