• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

German Kanal jacket - original

New to to this forum here, and not an expert on flight jackets.

However, I've been looking for an German sheraling-type kanal jacket (winter version) for quite some time. Last year, I finally found an original in good, wearable condition at a German auction house.

Unfortunately, I did not really research the sizes, and the specimen turned out to correspond rather to an M rather than the desired L-size.

It's still a fantastic piece of history. I thought you may enjoy some photos.

B00-4.jpg

11.jpg

A-Kanaljacke 1 (13).jpg

A-Kanaljacke 1 (3).jpg

A-Kanaljacke 1 (14).jpg

B-Man2

Werff
Welcome to VLJ . The jacket looks great.
Do you hunt for meteorites as a hobby ?
That’s a fairly good sized one.
Do you have a collection .?
The leather Kanal jacket looks pretty good also. I’m not really familiar with Kanal jackets , is the leather one an accurate repro or more of a designer jacket?

Enigma1938

.....nobody other than Noble House reproduces these....

Unfortunately the NH ones are of bad quality although they look good on their pictures. The seams are horrible, the fabric is cheap and acts like a dust and dirt magnet, parts of the hardware are wrong or attached upside down, the zips are not even ykk and so on and so on....

CBI

great looking jacket and cool space rock!!!! I LOVE that Connection Knitwear jacket. I would order one right now if I had the spare change! At The Front should have their cloth version for sale within the next 12 months

Werff
Welcome to VLJ . The jacket looks great.
Do you hunt for meteorites as a hobby ?
That’s a fairly good sized one.
Do you have a collection .?
The leather Kanal jacket looks pretty good also. I’m not really familiar with Kanal jackets , is the leather one an accurate repro or more of a designer jacket?

Thank you for the welcome!

This is a close as it gets to the original. All parts, seams, the inner cuffs, buttons, straps etc. are where they are on the original. The only freedom Daniele took was with the zippers, which are brass.

And yes, I do hunt for meteorites in continental deserts, I study, collect and write books on the topic. The specimen pictured is a 17 kg iron meteorite from Henbury, Australia. For illustrated expedition reports and more info on the subject, just check out my website meteorite-recon.com

Unfortunately the NH ones are of bad quality although they look good on their pictures. The seams are horrible, the fabric is cheap and acts like a dust and dirt magnet, parts of the hardware are wrong or attached upside down, the zips are not even ykk and so on and so on....

Absolutely agree to all your points. Totally different with Daniele from Connection Knitwear. He is obsessed with historic accuracy, quality and has terrific attention to details.

CBI

Connection Knitwear. They are 1200 euro and are made to order. they can take your order now, typically 3 weeks to make in pre-COVID times, maybe a bit longer now. approx 30 euro to ship to US.

there are some online additional pics (need to search) as well as a brief video of them aging one).

If we were not living in these odd COVID times, I would probably order one.