• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

German Kanal jacket - original

Enigma1938

But their winter kanal jacket is not that accurate as they claim. The waistband should be made of cloth instead of leather. Who knows why the germans did that but every original I saw had it this way. Makes a big difference in appearance

Enigma1938

Like here

Attachments

• s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 257
I want the same jacket but for the moment it's not possible...
In the medium/long term I'm seriously thinking about it.

Your Kanal jackets are awesome, do you have other flight jackets to show us ?

Much appreciated, thank you. On flying-related artifacts, I have the armored front screen of a Messerschmitt 109E and a McDonald-Douglas ESCAPA-AC7 ejection seat, but no more flight jackets, unfortunately. I'm a a desert explorer and meteorite collector, that's where my collecting is focused at.

Pilot

@Pilot : Well I think a lot of us are waiting for your version of the replica of this jacket. ;)
Thx for the buttering up....;), but the demand is too little and the investment in its patterning and production is too high.... selecting the correct shearlings is another challenge...
However, since we have several WW2 zips , the WW2 Prym snaps and buckles, a made on order ( cloning my jacket ) might be possible... if the prospect is happy to pay our prices :cool:

More meteorites please !

LOL, I guess I'd soon run in troubles here, showing up as a total newbie and spamming this welcoming and professional forum with meteorite photos.

Perhaps two more are allowed. This is the largest stony meteorite meteorite we ever found (ordinary chondrite), a pristine specimen of 19 kg; Rub al Khali desert, 2012. For more just visit my page Meteorite-Recon.com

El Alamat-1.jpg

alamat-2.jpg

Smithy

As CBI mentions, ATF have been working on one. In fact Rollin posted a photo on ATF's IG of the finished article being worn at a St Paddy's Day party a couple of years back and it looked really nice. It got put on the backburner for some reason but hopefully they'll release a production version shortly.

Kermit3D

Thx for the buttering up....;), but the demand is too little and the investment in its patterning and production is too high.... selecting the correct shearlings is another challenge...
However, since we have several WW2 zips , the WW2 Prym snaps and buckles, a made on order ( cloning my jacket ) might be possible... if the prospect is happy to pay our prices :cool:

I can't afford to buy a new jacket in the short term anyway.
This forum makes me want more and more ! o_O

I have two girls who need diapers more than I need a new jacket!
... Sheepskin diapers?... I have to be able to tinker with it :

q2xaoubq.jpg

(I'm rambling, I'm sleep-deprived) :confused:

Last edited:

Otter

Werff,
Do you ever section and etch your metallic finds ? The Huntarian in Glasgow used to have an amazing selection on display showing their internal structure. Unfortunately they have fallen foul of modern curators, lots of bright lights, big spaces and sod all actually on display. So disappointed compared to what it was like in my student days.
Would love to see your seat as well.

Werff,
Do you ever section and etch your metallic finds ? The Huntarian in Glasgow used to have an amazing selection on display showing their internal structure. Unfortunately they have fallen foul of modern curators, lots of bright lights, big spaces and sod all actually on display. So disappointed compared to what it was like in my student days.
Would love to see your seat as well.

Yes, of course. With iron meteorites this is part of the preparation process.

This is a polished and etched slice of the Domeyko octahedrite:

Domeyko 137.6g 1300 logo.jpg

This is the ESCAPA AC7:

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

theduellist

Yes, it's Daniele from Connection Knitware in Milano who makes these reproductions. I borrowed him the original jacket pictured ón top of the thread for him to take all relevant measurements. He made a reproduction for me in grey suede leather based on my original and it came out fantastic. I can really recommend him.
Your suede coat is EXACTLY what I am looking for! Can you DM me with Danielle's email? Was there an increased charge for the different color leather. Your coat looks awesome on you!!! I was going to visit Noble House at some point as I do like their ME262. I know its not suede. Thoughts?

theduellist

Hello, your reputation precedes you!!! Can you message me what you think this jacket like yours might cost?