• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Genuine or not M65 field jacket?

eamenos

Hi everybody. I've found on ebay a 6174- 84 contract Defense Personnel Suport M65 jacket in olive green. My doubt is about the zippers. Main zipper is SERVAL. Buttons are RAU. Is that a genuine U.S Army field jacket??? Do anybody know???
Screenshot_20210724-115915_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg
Screenshot_20210724-115919_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg

Last edited:

MaydayWei

I would say that it is not legitimate.
It's probably a civi reproduction.
Not a bad one, mind you.
The lack of a DSA, DLA, SPM etc. code on the contract no. is what, IMO, gives it away.

I would agree, definitely a copy made for the civilian market. It can get confusing as often times the companies making the civilian market jackets were the same making military contract jackets and made them with the same materials, and used very similar tags. I’d say the two giveaways are the tags which lack a DSA number as MaydayWei pointed out and the Ripstop lining. I have yet to see the Ripstop lining on military contract M65.

charles

Rutger

Hmmmm... nothing beats a decent tag fight....or a contract fight.....or if a certain company did or did not supply the military...
Too bad there is no DLA or DSA number on the tag. That woulda been your clue.

Google M65 tag, select images, and there is your first indication of what to expect.

eamenos

Hmmmm... nothing beats a decent tag fight....or a contract fight.....or if a certain company did or did not supply the military...
Too bad there is no DLA or DSA number on the tag. That woulda been your clue.

Google M65 tag, select images, and there is your first indication of what to expect.
But all Defense Personnel Suport Center m65 jackets are the only ones they don't have DSA or DLA... only contract number like this: XXXX-XX(year).

Rutger

Yeah, that's why it's likely a commercial version. Similar can be seen with clones of the MA-1, A-2 etc. etc.
Some non-existent contract number, but no DSA or DLA number.

Spitfireace

But all Defense Personnel Suport Center m65 jackets are the only ones they don't have DSA or DLA... only contract number like this: XXXX-XX(year).
Defense Personnel Support Center is the QM in Philadelphia, not a manufacturer. All military contract jackets have the manufacturer on the label.

bhjacket20

Yeah, the looks like a civilian version of the M65 to me as well. If your looking for a woodland pattern camo jacket they are petty easy to find, some are NOS new. The OG-107 green ones though are getting a little hard to find in the larger sizes in good shape.
Just make sure the hood and liner are present if that is important to you. Keep in mind that each size comes in short, regular and long. ask the seller for the measurements important to you to get a good fit. good luck