• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Genuine M65 field jacket opinions/experience

eamenos

Hi! Wanna purchase a genuine m65 field jacket in purpose of hunting, fishing, etc during the winter season. Here in my country, Spain, winters are around 32°F. My idea is to add a liner. Do that jacket complain those activities. Is a warm jacket? Durable? Please better if you talk me sincerely and about your experiences on the U.S Army with the jacket or simply as a M65 jacket owner. Regards!

blackrat2

Good morning
I am no expert but will reply to your thread
I would imagine with a liner it will be nice and snug, not knowing what part or Spain your in I couldn’t say if it will be warm enough for a really harsh winter
Not sure it’s going to be uber waterproof but certainly a nice looking jacket and not run of the mill fashion garment

B-Man2

The M-65 jacket with the liner is a warm jacket that can be made warmer by wearing a sweater or a thick shirt under it . I’ve worn an M-65 with a liner in various cold weather environments and as long as you keep it dry it will keep you warm .
What size jacket are you looking for ?

eamenos

Medium short one. I have a 1989 contract Desert camouflage (to collectionate). Now I'm looking for a woodland one (for winter hunting specially), and an og107 one.(for normal weekend wearing).

B-Man2

Medium short one. I have a 1989 contract Desert camouflage (to collectionate). Now I'm looking for a woodland one (for winter hunting specially), and an og107 one.(for normal weekend wearing).
The one I have for sale is a Large Long .
You should be able to find one in your size on EBay . Good Luck with your search
D82F6141-0185-4CF0-9195-A1A3B0EE7C6E.jpeg

eamenos

The one I have for sale is a Large Long .
You should be able to find one in your size on EBay . Good Luck with your search View attachment 64618
Thanks man. Have found this medium short Defense Personnel Support Center. Is that one a genuine U.S Army contract jacket. Zippers are scovill.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-190719_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-190719_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 158

B-Man2

My thoughts are that this is not an original issued jacket . The label doesn’t have the correct contract and contractor information. But I’m not an expert on any of this, so I would seek other opinions .
This may clarify what I’m referring to:
It’s the label on my jacket pictured above.
0B836E2B-63D4-4D55-AFD0-73EA4ABD067E.jpeg

Last edited:

eamenos

My thoughts are that this is not an original issued jacket . The label doesn’t have the correct contract and contractor information. But I’m not an expert on any of this, so I would seek other opinions .
This may clarify what I’m referring to:
It’s the label on my jacket pictured above. View attachment 64620
I don't know why, but any Defense Personnel Suport Center m65 jacket or any other type of clothing doesn't show de DLA or DSA number, only the number contract like this XXXX-XX. Any of them.

bhjacket20

That jacket tag looks like an issued jacket to me. The SPM number shows a manufacture date of 2004. I believe that the SPM number is the modern version of the earlier DLA and DSA contract numbers.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.