• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gearing Up for Great White

fighterjock

Ordered materials for Luft Great White, should be pretty straight forward build. No internal sleeve lining, nor wristlets. Main body liner will only be half lined. Bought cotton twill, but was pretty yellow, so I bleached the hell out of it. It is now closer to cream, which I can live with because it may give a vintage look. Ordered Blue Glass buttons from Espenlaub and small composite buttons for knit collar, and got a couple of white eagles coming from SM Wholesale. Today played with my SMW blue channel, restiched eagle with proper color, made O2 connector for Great White, and zipper leather pull. Old German sweater down at the mail box for Great White. Will probably start tomorrow, but I got some Honey Dew's to do. Played with Mediteranean Today. Made Sleeve Rank. If you gonna go Big, than you better "GO GALLAND" Get it...…..Never Mind :( :( :(

Attachments

• Left Arm Galland.JPG
    Left Arm Galland.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 292
  • Inside Waistband Gathers.JPG
    Inside Waistband Gathers.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 279
  • Throat latch detail.JPG
    Throat latch detail.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 299
  • Desert Throat Collar Detail.JPG
    Desert Throat Collar Detail.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 262
  • Inside Eagle Prym detail.JPG
    Inside Eagle Prym detail.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 272
  • Waist Pryms.JPG
    Waist Pryms.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 293
  • Fake Manuf Tag.JPG
    Fake Manuf Tag.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 289
  • Eagle Zip O2 hanger.JPG
    Eagle Zip O2 hanger.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 303
  • Galland in Africa.jpg
    Galland in Africa.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

fighterjock

Started Great White last weekend. Was coming along pretty well with main body. But encountering some problems with neck knitting, also I'm not in love with the fabric I bought online, so hard to buy stuff without physically holding it in your hands. Anyway I will restart project with new fabric, I want something substantial to jean fabric or a strong 100% cotton twill. Here are some posts of original start. I may go with the pullover style, Don't like the knit closure at the bottom. The SM Wholesale white eagle's were pretty weak, would have preferred Eagles on white wool. The twill fabric they were embroidered on was pretty lame. I may stitch them on white wool before sewing them on.

Attachments

• HPIM1750 (2).JPG
    HPIM1750 (2).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 283
  • HPIM1751.JPG
    HPIM1751.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 270
  • HPIM1752.JPG
    HPIM1752.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 236
  • HPIM1757.JPG
    HPIM1757.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 290
  • HPIM1753.JPG
    HPIM1753.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 264

ausreenactor

Missed the initial post. Amazing work!

I grabbed a Channel Jacket off eBay around twelve years ago. Got some repro sleeve eagles and pulled a Luftwaffe eagle off a repro shirt I had. Have some jodphurs that would fit me again as well.. Will take a peek in the pictures folder.

Great work indeed..

Keep the posts coming...

fighterjock

Once you get bitten by the Luftwaffe Bug, there's no turning back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad it's so expensive, my collection of original stuff is growing...…….....but slowly, I'm overwhelmed with Army Air Force stuff, enough to start a small museum...……….AL