• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G star fashion Kanal jacket impression

VeraVoulik

Quite funny to see how G star re-vamp the Kanal style/impression for women's fashion ;)

s-l1600.jpg

Enigma1938

The simmons is compared to an original just a fashion jacket like the G star at the top of this thread, has not much similarities to original ones. The one from connectionknitwear is way more accurate even not perfect, it's the five star of luftwaffe jackets

MikeyB-17

Looks pretty good-it’s obvious that there are people in the design departments of these high street companies that know a bit about historic military clothing. Over the years I’ve seen various examples of what are clearly copies of military jackets made by fashion brands-I’ve seen more than one ’N-1’, and recently I’ve seen a few M65 liners, not to mention all the ‘N-3B’s’ and ’MA-1’s’, plus there were a couple of companies doing Boondocker lookalikes not long ago. Some of them are not at all bad either. Some are utterly appalling-M&S are currently doing a ‘sheepskin’ flight jacket in a particularly nauseating shade of pale mucus, but I’d happily wear some of them-especially if they were cheap.

JonnyCrow

The simmons is compared to an original just a fashion jacket like the G star at the top of this thread, has not much similarities to original ones. The one from connectionknitwear is way more accurate even not perfect, it's the five star of luftwaffe jackets
I agree with connection knitwear
kanalmarroneaberta-225x300.jpg

warguy

I like it a lot, my wife could wear that anytime and I would be good with it. And yes, the high fashion industry does look to history for new ideas and style. Look no further than the double RL brand from Ralph Lauren. One WWII retro after another whether it is shirts, jackets, bags, etc. Some one recently told me Ralph himself is buying original A2’s from the market for personal wear. Maybe someone here know whether that is fact or fiction.

JonnyCrow

I like it a lot, my wife could wear that anytime and I would be good with it. And yes, the high fashion industry does look to history for new ideas and style. Look no further than the double RL brand from Ralph Lauren. One WWII retro after another whether it is shirts, jackets, bags, etc. Some one recently told me Ralph himself is buying original A2’s from the market for personal wear. Maybe someone here know whether that is fact or fiction.
Yep here in Europe this winters fashion is all B3;and various other flight jacket designs, there is also a place here that makes very nice chambray shirt clones that look like the original vintage

MikeyB-17

Some one recently told me Ralph himself is buying original A2’s from the market for personal wear. Maybe someone here know whether that is fact or fiction.
You may be right…….mind you, the last time I posted this pic, the general consensus was that the jacket was great, the Aston was gorgeous, but as for the jodhpurs…..mmmmm . :confused:
7AAD6694-F377-4320-A46F-BA94DCB2BE52.jpeg

EdwardBaker

The jacket looks amazing. It's quite short, so it can be perfectly paired with high-waisted or medium-waisted jeans. You can wear a skirt, a dress, or even jeans with this jacket - and it all will look on point. I have a similar one, granted, not made of genuine leather, but my jacket looks the best with whitewashed mom jeans and tan cowboy boots I have. I rarely wear this outfit, but when I do, I get compliments, lol. I got the idea of pairing this outfit with boots when I looked online for ideas on what shoes to wear with mom jeans, and it panned out!
Maybe the secret is in the jeans - they hug me in all the right places while leaving enough room for activities.

Last edited:

JonnyCrow

At The Front have restocked their Kanal Jackets..
This is expensive, ouch :O

ausreenactor

This is expensive, ouch :O

ATF at $249...