• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G&B Mk 31 at 18 months

A

Anonymous

I think these jackets are very good- I like the idea of a general copy of an A-2 which isn't trying to copy a specific contract and is admittedly made for modern physiques. All the photos posted seem to show good aging and graining, the pockets aren't too far apart and the construction seems very solid. If I wasn'r such a freak about "the perfect repro" I'd get one of these!

A

Anonymous

Great looking jacket. G and B was the first GOOD jacket it bought.

Robman

It's true, they make nice jackets.

My mahagony is my favorite and it has olive drab thread and a standcollar. Looks very similar to a 27752 Rough Wear on me when worn. My take on it was that since we all find details that repro companies do wrong with respect to the originals, what was the difference.

I really like it as the mahagony shade is not terribly dark. In the flesh it's definitely a brown shade that looks very similar to many WW2 A2s.

Their russet is also in the "middle of the road" shade of russet. I have a russet with standcollar that also resembles a RW, Cooper or Werber BUT the epaulets resemble a Perry....basically it could be anyone's yet on me and my physique it looks like a WW2 A2.

Their russet veg goat is outstanding too.

269sqnhudson

Anyone know the chest measurement of a G&B in size 44? I take a 46 in an ELC and they're fine. Also, are they made at the US premises. I heard rumblings about Mexico a long while back but would prefer a US made jacket I think?

hacker

269sqnhudson said:
Anyone know the chest measurement of a G&B in size 44? I take a 46 in an ELC and they're fine. Also, are they made at the US premises. I heard rumblings about Mexico a long while back but would prefer a US made jacket I think?

They're made in SoCal, so not much difference! :oops: ........Actually G&B make a first rate jacket....just call them for measurements...they're super helpful......

Robman

A 44 would probably do you well as most go down a size.

I wear a 44 real deal from Aero with no problem but the 42 G&B I had I felt too restictive across the upper back/shoulders. Went with a 44 and am quite happy I did.

Guess it's the way we are all individually shaped.

A

Anonymous

You can request a "try on jacket" of any size, that way you nail the fit. Better than the expensive ass crap shoot with Euro jackets.