• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G&B A2 sizes

Who

Hi Guys.

Im just under 6'2" and around 180 - a medium to thin build. Usually I fit a 42 reg suit no probs. What size G&B A2 do I need? I don't want it to sit too high on my waist. Want a longer fit.And do I want the civil or the air foce version. Accuracy isn't a big issue with me.

Thanks in advance.

Steve27752

I have had two G&B A2`s and still have a G&B G1 jacket.
G&B A2 sizes are usually run about a size larger than the label size...........So I would go for a 40 Regular or maybe a 40" long.
I would also go for the `Military` repro unless you want handwarmer pockets.

I've heard a great deal about the G&B M-422a and everyone says they are great. What do you think about the military G-1? Is it just as fine a jacket? It looks very dark based on the pictures from the G&B site.

Steve27752

rick.canavar said:
I've heard a great deal about the G&B M-422a and everyone says they are great. What do you think about the military G-1? Is it just as fine a jacket? It looks very dark based on the pictures from the G&B site.

I like it a lot. As per the website photo`s it is a dark brown goatskin, which is thin but tough. I have had it for three years now and it is one of my favorite jackets.

Steve27752

rick.canavar said:
Thanks, for the price it seems like a really good deal. Is the mouton collar actually black, or just a very dark brown?

The mouton on mine is a dark brown.............email them with any enquiries, they are very helpful.

T-Bolt

Hi Who,

Welcome to the VLJ Forum. I would agree with Steve's comment. Most people go down one size with a G&B. If you want a bit longer fit, I would say a 40 Long might be about right. I would say get the Air Force version.

Ted

Who

Thanks for the advice. I definately want an A2 as I'm not keen on the G1. I think the military fit is the one to go for as I don't need handwarmer pockets. Never use them on my other jackets so... Although I've got to say the A1's look nice too.

kevinblack

Who,

I've the G&B Civil A-2 in Dark Seal. I'm 5'10" with built in life preserver. Size 46R, fits fine (same as suit size). Length sleeves and back are spot on. You can take the measurements and send them in to G&B and get their assessment of size.

FWIW, the dark seal is probably a bit too dark for me. If I knew now what I didn't know then (about October last year), I'd buy their Mark 31 in russett or their Mark 43 in russett. Regardless, happy with the Civil A-2, the handwarmer pockets are unobtrusive and the wallet pocket is a bonus. Quality is excellent. Service is great.

You sound like you will definitely need a tall. See pics of Bill French in his mark 31 on this forum.

Cheers,
Kevin