• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 lining material needed

CBI

I have a mid-50's era L. Foster G-1 that needs to be completely relined. Does anyone know where to purchase good material for this? Needing enough fabric for one size 44 jacket.

thanks

B-Man2

John
Have you considered contacting US Authentic ?
They might consider selling you the material but their prices for doing the work seem reasonable .
I’ve never used them but you might talk to them .

johnwayne

Maybe our friend here, Ken at Aeroleather might be worth a PM if he doesn't see this? I'm sure he could tell you exactly what to look for or might even be able to sell you some, or for that matter how about Jay at Headwind or Steve Sellers, both your side of the pond?

CBI

thanks all. Yes, I did looking US Authentic and at other folks for doing the work. I have someone locally who will probably replace the knits and re-do the lining and zipper for about $100 total once I supply the parts. She does A- work sometimes but I have learned that if the work is done during the slower times of year for her, she does a super job. I have a great Brill Bros G-1 wearer so I don't really want to spend too much on this other project. Thanks again

Ken at Aero Leather

thanks all. Yes, I did looking US Authentic and at other folks for doing the work. I have someone locally who will probably replace the knits and re-do the lining and zipper for about $100 total once I supply the parts. She does A- work sometimes but I have learned that if the work is done during the slower times of year for her, she does a super job. I have a great Brill Bros G-1 wearer so I don't really want to spend too much on this other project. Thanks again

That's a terrific deal for a USN restoration, so long as it's done right, we wouldn't do the knits for that and the lining is very complicated

CBI

thanks Ken. My guess is that it would be about 90% right for that price. She does nice job but does not know all of the "correct" details. I cam pass those along with probably a 90% success rate!

No hurry on this project, I am going to think about it.