• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 Information

Your jacket was originally made to replicate an officially issued USN G-1 jacket but sold commercially which is one of the reasons the manufacturer or contractors name is not in the top black label. These G-1 jackets are non military issued jackets and as such bring a bit less that issued ones.

I'm wondering if this has ever been confirmed? I've seen this topic discussed on a couple of forums now and it seemed to always be nothing more than opinions and conjecture. I have to wonder why someone would make a copy of an original tag but then use a marker to black out the stock number? It does however, seem like something that might be done on a contract overrun by an official manufacturer. Not to mention that these jackets are exactly the same as original issue jackets save for the extra tags and the lack of manufacturers name. Just my thoughts.

Stony

I don't mean to hijack the thread but Willy Driscoll, i.e. R. Cunningham's backseater, is also credited with five kills in Vietnam. He was not a pilot, but RIOs were also credited with kills.

The American Fighter Aces Association does not recognize Driscoll as an ace. They only give credit to the pilot. Same with any WWII or Korean War aces if they had anyone else on board. Case in point are any night fighters that had a R.O. on board.