• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI-WPG

.jpg

Hi All,

I messaged the WPG Ebay store regarding a size 40 Irvin repro to find out they are out of stock.
Querying further, I was informed that they do not plan on making these jackets again.
The responder is checking the US warehouse but I am not hugely optimistic of success.

So. This post is informing you all that the WPG jackets production has (probably) come to an end

Also, as I don't have more than 25 posts and don't wish to spam the board with needless posts to meet the criteria to post in the Buy/Sell forum non-organically...
I would very much like to purchase one if a board member has one for sale.

I will carry on with my Ebay hunting all the same...
(If I could afford it, I would get a jacket from the next Tier up but I cant.)

Moderators: I apologize, as I know this post transgresses the mechanisms you have in place to keep the forum in order.
I hope that the transgression isn't too great to warrant the thread being removed.

.jpg

Oh, that's a shame. Their jackets were great, I have an Irvin, it's the best bang for the buck. Maybe @Shawn Ali could use this as an opportunity to fill a market need? :)

I heard rumors that Shawn Ali is doing just that
Unsure if they are correct and if so where his progress is up to

I'm sure he and his team would make an awesome product, especially based off the jackets he has on offer already.

WingAndaPrayer

Hi All,

I messaged the WPG Ebay store regarding a size 40 Irvin repro to find out they are out of stock.
Querying further, I was informed that they do not plan on making these jackets again.
The responder is checking the US warehouse but I am not hugely optimistic of success.

So. This post is informing you all that the WPG jackets production has (probably) come to an end

Also, as I don't have more than 25 posts and don't wish to spam the board with needless posts to meet the criteria to post in the Buy/Sell forum non-organically...

Moderators: I apologize, as I know this post transgresses the mechanisms you have in place to keep the forum in order.
I hope that the transgression isn't too great to warrant the thread being removed.
I forgive you, jpg the penitent.

WingAndaPrayer

Oh, that's a shame. Their jackets were great, I have an Irvin, it's the best bang for the buck. Maybe @Shawn Ali could use this as an opportunity to fill a market need? :)
Last I heard is Shawn is just trying to get the D buckles right before the Irvin is ready to go. I’m sure they’ve been busy with the 3 new A-2s and the werber D-1 they just dropped in the last couple days.

Dubpynchon

Hi All,

That’s a pity, I’d meant to get one of those one day. It’s back now to eyeing that pie in the sky - a new Eastman Irvin… cough… how much? o_O

B-Man2

Yep … agree …. I’ve have one and I like it . It was an ok jacket for the money . Now there’s no low cost options available.

.jpg

The seller messaged me. They have a size 42 available. I am a 40 chest.

I have read the wpg runs large by reading posts here.

Would I be ill advised in buying the 42 knowing the oversized nature of the jacket and that I'm buying a size above my measurements?

Or does shearling "shrink" as it wears & wrinkles. Or if i get caught in the rain (or shower)

Advice & opinions sought l.

B-Man2

The seller messaged me. They have a size 42 available. I am a 40 chest.

I have read the wpg runs large by reading posts here.

Would I be ill advised in buying the 42 knowing the oversized nature of the jacket and that I'm buying a size above my measurements?

Or does shearling "shrink" as it wears & wrinkles. Or if i get caught in the rain (or shower)

Advice & opinions sought l.
Many period photos show Irvin’s being worn a bit large . The reason being that the bomber crews had a lot of clothing that they wore under them . Such as heated suits , air crew jumpers and battle dress jacket uniforms . So it you had an oversized one it wouldn’t look too bad as a wartime fit . For clarification the WPG versions ran a little on the big side of whatever size they were marked . So you would probably grow into it with time . My suggestion would be to buy it . If you don’t like it , don’t worry about it . They’re not going to make them again, so that one will be in demand by anyone who wishes they had bought one . From my experience size 42 is a popular size and you should be able to move it on and may make a few dollars in the process.

83455E7C-1459-4BB2-A388-C1BBE38AF608.jpeg

.jpg

LOL. Grow into it.....
I'll have to put on weight and I've been losing it (On purpose, not due to ill health)
Gym maybe?

Anyway, Thanks for the nudge. I'm still nervous about it and I'm still thinking on it and I'm still not sure

The WPG has a 10mm pile I seem to remember. Would the WW2 Pile have been thicker?

I ask as I imagine that will impact the fit.

B-Man2

LOL. Grow into it.....
I'll have to put on weight and I've been losing it (On purpose, not due to ill health)
Gym maybe?

Anyway, Thanks for the nudge. I'm still nervous about it and I'm still thinking on it and I'm still not sure

The WPG has a 10mm pile I seem to remember. Would the WW2 Pile have been thicker?

I ask as I imagine that will impact the fit.
Yes the originals had thicker fleece, as you can see for yourself in the photos below .
E47071E3-5835-4A3E-B7B9-939CEA7EB7B7.jpeg
4AE06C88-1DF1-4B95-A077-DF73F4FAB231.jpeg
184A4724-3EB9-4371-9D3D-9DB3263E1342.jpeg

.jpg

I'm apprehensive that the extra size and the thinner fleece is gonna make me swim in the WPG.

Dang.

1st world problems...

But thank you for the photos and advice so far :)

B-Man2

I'm apprehensive that the extra size and the thinner fleece is gonna make me swim in the WPG.

Dang.

1st world problems...

But thank you for the photos and advice so far :)
If you don’t mind me asking , what is his asking price for the pre- owned WPG Irvin ?

B-Man2

Hi
The seller is the WPG store.
I don't believe its pre-owned.
The cost is USD 295 which currently is approximately 420 NZD
Ok, if it’s WPG store then you can return it if you’re not happy with the fit . So that might be an option for you . Anyway good luck with your search .

Smithy

Hi
The seller is the WPG store.
I don't believe its pre-owned.
The cost is USD 295 which currently is approximately 420 NZD

I'd go for it. Irvins are meant to be large and look better for it. Nothing worse than a fitted one to my mind. I sized up one size on my Eastman when I got it and damn pleased I was too.

Quick question, seeing as you're converting to NZD, are you a Kiwi? Reason I ask is I happen to be too, although a rather long way from home ;-)

.jpg

I'd go for it. Irvins are meant to be large and look better for it. Nothing worse than a fitted one to my mind. I sized up one size on my Eastman when I got it and damn pleased I was too.

Quick question, seeing as you're converting to NZD, are you a Kiwi? Reason I ask is I happen to be too, although a rather long way from home ;-)

Kia ora.

I am indeed. Born and bred.
Hawke bay in origin.

Now in the capital.

How far away are you?

Smithy

Kia ora.

I am indeed. Born and bred.
Hawke bay in origin.

Now in the capital.

How far away are you?

Exactly the other side of the planet buddy - Arctic Norway. As far as you can pretty much get apparently.