• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full scale B-17 restoration project for sale

Edward

need a hobby? want to buy this full scale model kit in progress?! :D Needs work… and parts!

EA8FC903-54FE-460E-8D08-26DB77E26608.jpeg
6067C00C-AFC3-4142-B06F-4B13DA39C35D.jpeg
797A398F-8F4B-4E14-99B2-8437A0EF662F.jpeg
0EE3CCC2-528E-4C0D-ABDF-FE527B96FDCB.jpeg
9026CFAE-4FBC-4C98-B17C-A74E76C5B530.jpeg
2E97241D-18CD-482E-BC60-5015AF8A454A.jpeg
9488276B-DE2C-4AFC-B65E-768D39AF9833.jpeg

bazzer

Very big model would have to sell everything and move in to the plane
Don't think the wife or kids would be up for it
Baz

Brettafett

I watched a great documentary a few years back about a restoration crew from NZ, who scour the world on 'tips', finding old (mostly intact) downed WWII aircraft.
Rescuing and then restoring them, for wealthy clients. Its amazing that there are still hundreds of these gems, hidden in swamps forests and jungles out there, just waiting to be claimed.

Flightengineer

I watched a great documentary a few years back about a restoration crew from NZ, who scour the world on 'tips', finding old (mostly intact) downed WWII aircraft.
Rescuing and then restoring them, for wealthy clients. Its amazing that there are still hundreds of these gems, hidden in swamps forests and jungles out there, just waiting to be claimed.

Strange as it may seem, the swamp preserves planes well. It was in the swamp that several WW2 aircraft were found, including those that were restored to airworthiness in Russia.

Flightengineer

I want to buy that, stick it on the front lawn and see the look on the wife's face when I tell her that I picked up a new garden ornament!

Who knows Tim, who knows ... suddenly she will like it. Mine, too, was not happy when I put an airplane blade at home, but now she proudly explains to her friends on occasion that "this shiny crap gismo" is not really a piece of cool pop-art but a part of a 1939 plane.

MauldinFan

That's Paul Allen's B17E. The restoration was going on for a comically long time. For all the people involved and the time they spent, I actually wonder if they spent weeks on each nut and bolt.