• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full Gear Book

Silver Surfer

ya pretty much have to email or write to aota mituhiro [the author]. try: //www.fullgear.net the book was published in 05, and i am unsure if there was ever a 2nd edition published. the text is mostly japanese, and though encyclopedic, there are a few omissions, and inaccuracies. these are very minor considering the book in its all. a must have for this "hobby"....addiction....obsession, etc.

Last edited:

mario

ya pretty much have to email or write to aota mituhiro [the author]. try: //www.fullgear.net the book was published in 05, and i am unsure if there was ever a 2nd edition published. the text is mostly japanese, and though encyclopedic, there are a few omissions, and inaccuracies. these are very minor considering the book in its all. a must have for this "hobby"....addiction....obsession, etc.
I will give it a try, would you happen to know where I could find a list of contracts and dates for the A-2 and G-1 jackets? Thanks

Silver Surfer

a list of both the a-2 and m series, and g series jackets has been compiled by ????? on the vlj. perhaps they will read this thread and post the lists. no idea about contacting aota, someone a lot more computer savy might be able to find him in the land of the red dot.

33-1729

I will give it a try, would you happen to know where I could find a list of contracts and dates for the A-2 and G-1 jackets? Thanks

This is the most up-to-date A-2 contract list (Nov 2018). The paperwork hasn't been found for three contracts, so it is not possible to make an accurate production estimate (the production numbers are listed as "unknown"). The three estimated production numbers are from Gary Eastman's excellent "Type A-2 Flight Jacket Identification Manual" reference book and knowing the value of the contract the production estimates ought to be reasonably close.

The 1943 Australian made "V505" is a mystery but included here for completeness, as a picture of Brigadier General Thomas E Rilea was noted wearing one at the time (not a pilot).

A2_Nov2018.JPG

Carl

a list of both the a-2 and m series, and g series jackets has been compiled by ????? on the vlj. perhaps they will read this thread and post the lists. no idea about contacting aota, someone a lot more computer savy might be able to find him in the land of the red dot.
I have been in contact with Aota , and apprently the printing plates (?) were destroyed after the initial run of books !! why ???

mario

THANK YOU everyone for your help. I have been reading posts about the WWII NAVY / MARINE Leather jackets and G-1 jackets and am looking for a similar list of contracts, dates and manufacturers, anyone?

mario

THANK YOU everyone for your help. I have been reading posts about the WWII NAVY / MARINE Leather jackets and G-1 jackets and am looking for a similar list of contracts, dates and manufacturers, anyone?
Any recommendations on reference books on the WWI A-2, Navy and G-1 jackets?

mario

Carl, About 20 years ago when I first became interested in the WWII A-2, Navy/ Marine and early G-1's my first few purchases were a learning experience. My interests/ priorities had change due to family and business until recently. I am just trying to better educate myself before making any serious purchases. This story probably sounds familiar with some of you guys.

Carl

I hear ya ! Maybe the proverb
"softly softly catchy monkey "
Might be worth adhering to ;)
Have a good look through all the relavant threads as im sure what you need to know is all on here somewhere !:)

Carl

I can try and help but my knowledge is limited ,not like some of these guys on here !!:)