• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full Count US Army Khaki chino pants

dinomartino1

Nice fit Dimitry, like you I believe wider is better.
I can never understand the obsession with Steve M'Queens chinos in the great escape, they just look like a pair of 60 mod pants to me.
The BR 1945 model chinos, the bottom of the legs looks narrower in the pics because I have rolled up the legs.

The BR 1941 model is supposed to be baggier than the 1945.
BR 32w the leg hem is 9 1/2" Bronson 31w is the same.
Laying the Bronson on top of the BR the leg with all the way down is nearly identical.
Weight wise not much difference.
BR fabric feels smoother/nicer.
WW2 pants where 8.20z
Bronson will not have inside seam like the BR pictured below.
imgrc0081918039.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Sorry if I missed it somewhere along the discussion, but what is the maximum inseam length of the Bronson Chinos? Or maybe I should just ask if they come in a 34 inch inseam length ?
Cheers

ausreenactor

Have some ATF khakis I bought down with me from Brissy...

Have been in sweat pants all week while painting, cleaning and preparing for the tenant..

Will bust em out for the weekend. Standby..

dinomartino1

I disagree @dinomartino1, there’s a place for 60’s tapered chinos. Steve McQueen wrong period (Great Escape) still cool as

I like the great escape an enjoyable movie to watch on a sunday afternoon but not in the same class as the Sand Pebbles a truly outstanding film.
McQueen really was Jake Holman, an outsider who dislikes authority and who is happiest working on an engine covered in grease and oil.

You want cool here you go.

1thgaa55evuy.jpg

Steve McQueen on his new Metisse to get about the studio during the filming the final scenes for “The Sand Pebbles.” 1966
21838148404_01.jpg

gettyimages-517202630-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-517475636-2048x2048.jpg

Thrilled over the arrival of his personally inscribed pedicab, Richard Crenna takes time off from the filming of 20th Century-fox's "The sand Pebbles" to challenge co-star Steve McQueen and his motorcycle to a quixotic race around the studio lot. Crenna fell in love with pedicabs while working on the film in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and had one shipped over

gettyimages-607389022-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-607389062-2048x2048-2.jpg

gettyimages-607409306-2048x2048.jpg

sandpebsm-main1.jpg

post-9487-0-02871000-1570567817.jpg

Finn W. Outler, an old China hand who served in the Asiatic Fleet on the USS Beaver, USS Panay and the USS Luzon during the 1920's and 30"s.

120904705.jpg

Yangtze Patrol sailors on the river gunboat Luzon in 1932, armed with a Winchester Model 1897 shotgun. Model 1928 Thompson submachine guns with L drum magazines, Model 1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) and a Model 1917 Lewis Mark IV machine gun
Photo by Finn W. Outler

mulceber

Nah, gonna have to respectfully disagree, Dino. I liked Sand Pebbles, but if I have a favorite McQueen role it’s Hilts. For second place, either Frank Bullitt or Doc McCoy in The Getaway....although I may be a bit partial on the last one because I just thought it was a ton of fun.

dinomartino1

Nah, gonna have to respectfully disagree, Dino. I liked Sand Pebbles, but if I have a favorite McQueen role it’s Hilts. For second place, either Frank Bullitt or Doc McCoy in The Getaway....although I may be a bit partial on the last one because I just thought it was a ton of fun.

Well there no accounting for bad taste, only joking mate for me it's the sand pebbles for the directing, acting, script, score, the ship and the great cast and most importantly the steam engine

motorcycle-history-steve-mcqueen-10.jpg

TERRENCE STEPHEN MCQUEEN USMC

The only way I could have been made corporal was if all the other privates in the Marines dropped dead.”

After drifting from job to job, he decided to join the Marines in 1947. He was promoted to Private First Class and served with an armored unit, but he was demoted back to private seven times. His rebellious nature came to a head when he let a weekend pass turn into a two week tryst with his girlfriend. Shore patrol apprehended him, but he resisted and spent 30 days in the brig.
His time in the brig served to reform as he attempted to improve himself and embody Marine values. Later on his unit was performing a training exercise in the Arctic which turned disastrous. The ship McQueen, his unit, and their tanks had boarded hit a sandbank which threw several tanks and their crews into the water. Many drowned immediately, unable to get out of their tanks, but McQueen jumped in and saved the lives of five men.
In recognition of his actions, McQueen was chosen to partake in the Honor Guard protecting Harry S. Truman's yacht. McQueen stayed with the Marines until 1950 when he was honorably discharged. "The Marines gave me discipline I could live with. By the time I got out, I could deal with things on a more realistic level. All in all, despite my problems, I liked my time in the Marines," McQueen said.

image-placeholder-title.jpg

c52711206357cdc0a00f5f09089c3b29.jpg

mcqueen-l.jpg

Flightengineer

These pants have only one drawback. Due to their light shade, they get dirty quite easily. I can imagine how many spots the soldiers and crews had on them ... oil, dirt.

London Cabbie

I like the great escape an enjoyable movie to watch on a sunday afternoon but not in the same class as the Sand Pebbles a truly outstanding film.
McQueen really was Jake Holman, an outsider who dislikes authority and who is happiest working on an engine covered in grease and oil.

You want cool here you go.

View attachment 41707
Steve McQueen on his new Metisse to get about the studio during the filming the final scenes for “The Sand Pebbles.” 1966
View attachment 41708
View attachment 41709
View attachment 41710
Thrilled over the arrival of his personally inscribed pedicab, Richard Crenna takes time off from the filming of 20th Century-fox's "The sand Pebbles" to challenge co-star Steve McQueen and his motorcycle to a quixotic race around the studio lot. Crenna fell in love with pedicabs while working on the film in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and had one shipped over

View attachment 41711
View attachment 41712
View attachment 41713
View attachment 41714

View attachment 41715
Finn W. Outler, an old China hand who served in the Asiatic Fleet on the USS Beaver, USS Panay and the USS Luzon during the 1920's and 30"s.

View attachment 41716
Yangtze Patrol sailors on the river gunboat Luzon in 1932, armed with a Winchester Model 1897 shotgun. Model 1928 Thompson submachine guns with L drum magazines, Model 1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) and a Model 1917 Lewis Mark IV machine gun
Photo by Finn W. Outler

Thankyou Dino,
Maybe I stand corrected. I love about this forum is people on here really know their stuff, sometimes feel like a bumbling student in the school of cool...All good.

Flightengineer

Yes and they crease easily.
Some belts I wear with mine
View attachment 41723.

Nice belts, Dino.
I prefer to wear jeans and chinos without a belt, it is more comfortable for me. Initially when buying, I'm choosing a perfectly fitting waist so as not to use a belt. This is probably due my sitting job. I wear a belt only with formal or uniform pants when this can no longer be avoided and the belt is needed according to the dress code.

mulceber

Nothing to be corrected about the majority here probably rate the great escape higher the sand pebbles, just my personal preference.
If you have never seen it well worth watching.

Definitely worth a watch. Most of McQueen’s filmography is, but Sand Pebbles is one of the better ones.