• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full Count US Army Khaki chino pants

Flightengineer

Hi guys,

I didn't find a separate thread about repro chino, so I started new one, maybe it will be useful to someone.

:)Today in the center of our big city in one very small shop who sell Red Wing boots and Japanese row denim I founded these chinos. Japanese brand Full Count - US Army Khaki pants.

High quality copy of WW2 U.S. Army chino pants from 40's as manufacturer announced. Made with great attention to details. I liked the incredible quality, soft but dense twill, I didn’t want to take them off, and after a little bargaining and getting a small discount I took them home.

I also tried several Buzz's chino repro and one pair from Sugar Cane, but the Full Count liked the most.

Probably it's the widest chino with the highest waist I have ever had. Excellent together with A2. Will probably be my favorite chino pants.

My apologize for the low quality smartphone fit pic, it was so dark in the shop, they fit perfectly both in the waist and in length. Very comfy pants.

Now I need to get DC-3 somewhere for these pants :).

When I got home, I found their page on the net. There is also a photos and sizing, may be useful to someone

http://www.fullcount-online.com/category/C022/1201_20.html

Last edited:

Flightengineer

The price on the website is steep, but they look great! I’ll keep these in mind going forward. They look great on you, Dmitri!

I paid about 25% less than the price on the website. And I didn't have to pay for shipping and import duties.
I didn't know they were that expensive (I just looked at their website with the price when I got home). It was a spontaneous purchase - I just walked by, went to look at the shoes and ended up buying this nice chino. I have to say banality but buying ofline undoubtedly has a number of advantages over buying online. As I said, I tried several Buzz chinos there (which I saw on the net and theoretically planed to order), but in reality they turned out to be not very comfortable for me.
I don't want to offend anyone, but after the failure with the Bronson OG-107 pants, I changed my mind about buying Bronson chino. Although, of course, this is a completely different price segment.

London Cabbie

Dmitri, great thread.
Those look perfect fit and length on you.
I want chinos so thick they stand on their own. The Bronson seem light at 11.5oz I have felt the BR and so far they are the heaviest. All my chinos are vintage Uniqlo, very good price weight quality but slightly tapered.

Flightengineer

Dmitri, great thread.
Those look perfect fit and length on you.
I want chinos so thick they stand on their own. The Bronson seem light at 11.5oz I have felt the BR and so far they are the heaviest. All my chinos are vintage Uniqlo, very good price weight quality but slightly tapered.

Hi, thanks.
You are absolutely right about Uniqlo.
I have Uniqlo vintage chinos too and wear it with my flight jackets. It was because of this Uniclo taper I looked and buy a wider hem chino.
As long as I can remember, I always wore chinos when my jeans got bored from time to time. But mostly it's several GAP or Timberland.
From non-repro Uniqlo vintage chino is the closest to the original cut, although Uniqlo have a high front rise but it's not so high enough waist as on original and not so wide leg opening as on original.
I must try to weigh Uniqlo and Full Count when they will dry after yesterday's wash. Subjective FC seems a bit more heavier than Uniqlo.

Last edited:

London Cabbie

I am following you. Love Uniqlo with converse. But want a wider ‘vintage’ look. Next it’s Bronson or BR for me...I think there are some who swear by BR.

Flightengineer

2nd photo not arrived...

6b7276fbbc75.jpg

Uniqlo 0.525 FC 0.695 kg

Flightengineer

let us see some more fitpics Dimmi

As promised more fitpics

Yesterday and today I wore these khakis all day, very enjoed this cut, damn comfy pants despite the dense fabric very nice in warm weather, as once wrote @Grant about original khaki army pants.

Very convenient to walk in them, very convenient to sit (and drive) for a long time now I understand why WW2 pilots loved to use them for flying.
Huge sturdy pockets hold keys, smartphone and wallet without bulging. Great twill fabric with character, like good jeans will be better and better with wear and every wash.
I'm very pleased with the purchase and waiting for jacket's weather.

Flightengineer

Trousers have a real vintage look and has a good fit (on you) ! But... as Mulceber said a steep price...

Did someone had a look at the Chinos from SM Wholesale https://www.smwholesaleusa.com/shop-us/our-new-wwii-us-1941-khaki-service-trousers ? These are at least more affordable.

Thanks!
Yes, I agree that it is expensive ... but they are worth money I paid.
I think your link will be firstly interest to members from the US. As I understood this is a later pattern without double stitched seams,
It's also reproduced by BR ( if I'm not mistaken).

I found info about the original with double stitches here

This is very similar to the repro that I have - version with double seams was until 1941.
But I think the main vintage khaki/chino expert on this forum is Grant.