• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French repro

Officer Dibley

Here’s one of mine now with collar fitted

31CA88D1-6083-4AD3-AD84-422EB79233A3.jpeg

Hazayad

tailles universelles​
tailles militaires​
tailles françaises​
encolures​
XXS​
72​
36​
33/34​
XS​
80​
40​
35/36​
S​
88​
44​
37/38​
M​
96​
48​
39/40​
L​
104​
52​
41/42​
XL​
112​
56​
43/44​
XXL​
120​
60​
45/46​
XXXL​
128​
64​
47/48​
XXXXL​
136​
68​
49/50​

The number is the chest measurement in cm with C for short, M for regular/average, L for long, X for extra long etc. The top numbers are (in my case) 125/83 = number of jacket produced/year of production. A size 46 would be 112 @B-Man2

B-Man2

tailles universelles​
tailles militaires​
tailles françaises​
encolures​
XXS​
72​
36​
33/34​
XS​
80​
40​
35/36​
S​
88​
44​
37/38​
M​
96​
48​
39/40​
L​
104​
52​
41/42​
XL​
112​
56​
43/44​
XXL​
120​
60​
45/46​
XXXL​
128​
64​
47/48​
XXXXL​
136​
68​
49/50​

The number is the chest measurement in cm with C for short, M for regular/average, L for long, X for extra long etc. The top numbers are (in my case) 125/83 = number of jacket produced/year of production. A size 46 would be 112 @B-Man2
Thank Haza ....definitely appreciate the help.

w1rc

Almost a year later.....just read these posts....

From everything I can see Dave your jacket appears to me to be genuine. It is a 1985 second generation piece. Congratulations. Only thing not right is there is no manufacturer named on the label.

Since my last visit I found two genuine issue jackets, both on eBay. One came from France but was a little tight on me. The second came from the UK and is a perfect fit. The condition of the leather was not great on the first one; it had been sadly neglected but is restorable. The second was much better. I am slowly restoring it. I found that Meltonian Shoe Cream Navy Blue #21 is perfect to restore the colour where desired. Apply sparingly and rub in; let sit for 5-10 minutes then lightly buff.

The key to getting a good one is patience and luck.

Best to all,

Michael

PS: Anyone know where I might be able to get a “Fourreau de Grade” rank tab slip-on for when I display it?

Last edited:

Hazayad

Almost a year later.....just read these posts....

From everything I can see Dave your jacket appears to me to be genuine. It is a 1985 second generation piece. Congratulations. Only thing not right is there is no manufacturer named on the label.

Since my last visit I found two genuine issue jackets, both on eBay. One came from France but was a little tight on me. The second came from the UK and is a perfect fit. The condition of the leather was not great on the first one; it had been sadly neglected but is restorable. The second was much better. I am slowly restoring it. I found that Meltonian Shoe Cream Navy Blue #21 is perfect to restore the colour where desired. Apply sparingly and rub in; let sit for 5-10 minutes then lightly buff.

The key to getting a good one is patience and luck.

Best to all,

Michael

PS: Anyone know where I might be able to get a “Fourreau de Grade” rank tab slip-on for when I display it?
Hey Michael,
I was looking as well and finally found this: https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/off...tc=15000&rtg=647ae901319bef4bbe24c2be95e55856
Quite steep. But having seen what they actually look like I will probably get a cheap slip-on armee de l'air rank and cut it to size.
s-l1600.jpg

w1rc

Thank you for remembering me and my request. The pieces in your photo appear to be slip-ons for a shirt which are not the correct piece for the blouson. They might be acceptable substitute for some collectors but I am more of a purist. Besides much of the fun and excitement of collecting is finding the items and learning about them. I was holding out for an authentic Armée de l’air fourreau de grade from the 1970s - 1990s which is the jacket’s time frame.

Since I last posted a very kind gentleman gifted me one of his Capitaine galons and mailed it me. It took over six weeks to travel from Germany to Boston but it finally arrived. Thank you again. It shows wear and patina which is exactly what I wanted amd looks breat on the jacket. It xomes off when I wear it. I have restored the blouson and treated the leather which was in nice condition despite the fact that it has not been cared for over the years.

It is one of my favourite pieces, along with my American Airlines “Flightliner” A-2 made by Gibson & Barnes, my 1960s California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer jacket and my 1968 US Navy G-1 made by Star Sportswear. I wear amd enjoy them often.

Last edited:

CombatWombat

My one is slowly being restored as well..... unfortunately trying to get the correct shade of blue has been a complete pain in the neck (only found one cobbler in Sydney that stocks Saphir creme and he won't order in anything but the basics)
So making do with a slightly lighter shade of blue from a Australian brand

Hazayad

Thank you for remembering me and my request. The pieces in your photo appear to be slip-ons for a shirt which are not the correct piece for the blouson. They might be acceptable substitute for some collectors but I am more of a purist. Besides much of the fun and excitement of collecting is finding the items and learning about them. I was holding out for an authentic Armée de l’air fourreau de grade from the 1970s - 1990s which is the jacket’s time frame.

Since I last posted a very kind gentleman gifted me one of his Capitaine galons and mailed it me. It took over six weeks to travel from Germany to Boston but it finally arrived. Thank you again. It shows wear and patina which is exactly what I wanted amd looks breat on the jacket. It xomes off when I wear it. I have restored the blouson and treated the leather which was in nice condition despite the fact that it has not been cared for over the years.

It is one of my favourite pieces, along with my American Airlines “Flightliner” A-2 made by Gibson & Barnes, my 1960s California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer jacket and my 1968 US Navy G-1 made by Star Sportswear. I wear amd enjoy them often.
For all interested, I found the rank slides at a decent price and personalized: https://www.deco-militaire.com/four...gateur-couleur-du-fourreau-au-choix-fvpn.html
DSCN8942-800x800.jpg

05-arrivee-super-etendard-museeairespace.jpg

Last edited:

CombatWombat

I've been trying to get the removable fur collar for it but given up hope..... thankfully the leather around the collar is thick enough to put in pop studs for a Italian AF fur collar to attach