• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French Cycliste Jacket/Hartmann pattern

Baconsandwich

Hello everyone!

I have been looking at this style of jacket for the past 3-4 years, the different repros both big and small. I have nearly come to the conclusion that I wan't my tailor to make it for me in house. There is a guy, Pilot is his handle here, who does some incredible work but the waiting list is really long. Eastman is not to my liking and Noble House is out of the question. I will with photos try and get my tailor to make a pattern but if any of you have it or something near it I would very much like to have it.

Thank you!

Pilot

Hello everyone!

I have been looking at this style of jacket for the past 3-4 years, the different repros both big and small. I have nearly come to the conclusion that I wan't my tailor to make it for me in house. There is a guy, Pilot is his handle here, who does some incredible work but the waiting list is really long. Eastman is not to my liking and Noble House is out of the question. I will with photos try and get my tailor to make a pattern but if any of you have it or something near it I would very much like to have it.

Thank you!
Waiting time is right now 3 months after full payment and or whatever DHL time is after receipt of your payment for a test jacket.

mulceber

Waiting time is right now 3 months after full payment and or whatever DHL time is after receipt of your payment for a test jacket.
There is a guy, Pilot is his handle here, who does some incredible work but the waiting list is really long.

FWIW, Bacon, 3 months is not a long wait. Many other jacket makers were up to a year or more, even before COVID. Eastman is unusually fast in their turn-around, but Pilot has pointed out some issues with accuracy.

If you want a French cyclist jacket, I would strongly encourage you to get on Pilot’s waiting list and sit tight for a couple months. You’ll get a more accurate jacket.

Last edited:

dinomartino1

Hello everyone!

Thank you!

By the standards of many here who apply eastmans A2s attention to accuracy to lessor A2 makers and are not shy about saying it their Hartmann is a mall jacket, well made etc. still wrong.
I don't blame you for not liking the crappy noble house either.
Plenty of photos here of the best French cyclists jacket repros.

Last edited:

Kermit3D

FWIW, Bacon, 3 months is not a long wait. Many other jacket makers were up to a year or more, even before COVID. Eastman is unusually fast in their turn-around, but Pilot has pointed out some issues with accuracy.

If you want an LW jacket, I would strongly encourage you to get on Pilot’s waiting list and sit tight for a couple months. You’ll get a more accurate jacket.

Normally I get mine tomorrow. One of the cyclist jacket that Pilot offers.
I will make a dedicated post with pictures and my impressions. :)

Kermit3D

An example of a dark brown color :

da105b0f66972af5e050fe7b96f24544.jpg

Baconsandwich

All WW2 originals I had and have: Cowhide!
( en français “ vachette “).
Note the proportions and contruction: zips vs pockets, vs pit to pit, vs arms vs shoulders etc...
Thanks! I think I'll let my tailor make one for me as I like to keep things in house even though yours are tempting, Pilot!