• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French cyclist Jacket on ebay france

Sugar001

Welcome Sugar001
It's a beautiful jacket, congratulations. It looks to be in great condition.
It's a cyclist jacket, certainly made in France. These jackets were made in the '30s, '40s, and maybe early '50s. They are civilian jackets, which were very fashionable in France during that period. They were worn by cyclists/motorcyclists, workers, merchants,...
During the Second World War, many German pilots bought this type of jacket (in occupied France) and used it as a flying jacket.

The main zipper on your jacket appears to be a "Eclair" zipper from the late '40s/early '50s.
This could potentially indicate that it's a late cyclist jacket. Or that the main zipper has been replaced.
Are there no buttons on the bottom pockets ?
Feel free to post more photos.

Again, this is a very nice jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_8109.jpeg
    IMG_8109.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8111.jpeg
    IMG_8111.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8112.jpeg
    IMG_8112.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8113.jpeg
    IMG_8113.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 98

Sugar001

My little input:
1) why not asking before buying? Might save you a bit of investment.
2) rectangular shaped Eclair zips from 1949 to 1987.
3) apparently Gitex „ made in France“ labeled zips … hmm post 1956… or later…( I might be mistaken on the photos but they look like Gitex )
Closure position for chest zips ,on the pits … typical 1960-70s.
4) this jacket ? Kiddy size… ( no adult can ever wear it not now nor in the 40“/50“) was on the net for ages… wonder why?
Last but not least unbuttoned pocket flaps ( buttons or snaps … hmmm 60-70ies)..
Happy to be proved mistaken..

Thanks for replying. I bought them from a used store at a fairly cheap price so I don't have any information about them, it's quite vague on Ebay. So I want to refer everyone here with detailed photos, if possible, please help me price this situation. Thank you very much ❤️

Kermit3D

I'm not sure I understand (I'm French, English is not my first language).
You bought this jacket in a store, at a low price, and you'd like to have an estimate of what this jacket is worth ? You'd like to sell it ?

It depends a lot on the size of the jacket.
The bigger the jacket, the more people are likely to be interested in it, and therefore the more it's worth.

Then, as Pilot says, there's some evidence to suggest that this jacket doesn't come from the Second World War period. It could also have been modified. That's not necessarily a problem if you're aware of it.

Sugar001

You bought this jacket in a store, at a low price, and you'd like to have an estimate of what this jacket is worth ? You'd like to sell it ?

The bigger the jacket, the more people are likely to be interested in it, and therefore the more it's worth.

Then, as Pilot says, there's some evidence to suggest that this jacket doesn't come from the Second World War period. It could also have been modified. That's not necessarily a problem if you're aware of it.

Ah je vois, ils me vont très bien. Je mesure 1m76 et pèse 78kg ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_8103.jpeg
    IMG_8103.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 139

Sugar001

Je souhaite obtenir des informations afin de savoir avec certitude quand il a été produit et son prix (le cas échéant).

Kermit3D

Ok, I understand better.
It's better to speak in English on the general forum. That way everyone can understand and take part in the conversations.
Thanks to you

Kermit3D

Ah yes sorry ! :D

he said:
"I wish to obtain information so that I may know with certainty when it was produced and its price."

B-Man2

Ah yes sorry ! :D

he said:
"I wish to obtain information so that I may know with certainty when it was produced and its price."
Oh i say:

"Ah I see, they suit me very well. I am 1m76 tall and weigh 78kg

and

I would like information so I know for sure when it was produced and the price (if applicable)." <3
Thanks for your responses . The jacket fits you nicely Sugar . Looks good with the high waist pleated pants you’re wearing . You should think about hanging on to it .