• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French cyclist jacket (Hartmann jacket) by Pilot

B-Man2

Kermit
All the photos look real good . I think the last series with the OD pants are the best.
The jacket looks perfect on you, now wear the piss out of it and enjoy it!:)

Kermit3D

Kermit
All the photos look real good . I think the last series with the OD pants are the best.
The jacket looks perfect on you, now wear the piss out of it and enjoy it!:)

Merci beaucoup,
What does "OD" mean ?
The last pants come from a military surplus, according to the salesman it is a French military pants of the 50s or 60s.

Enigma1938

Love your watch. I'm a huge fan of vintage watches. Have a big collection of these, with a main emphasis on vietnam era military watches and 60s Diver watches. Watchmaking is one of my side hobbies. Here are a few of mine

Attachments

• 20201023_155833.jpg
    20201023_155833.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 125

Kermit3D

Great watch collection!!
The seiko pogue ! I have been dreaming about it for a long time... :eek:

I love vintage watches too. I have 3 of them: The Roamer pilot's watch and two Russian cosmonaut watches from the 60s.
I also have a chronograph (meca-quartz) Yema Rallygraph.

I would love to have a Hanhart or Tutima from the luftwaffe, but it's expensive and hard to find a nice one.

Attachments

• Poljot_web_01.jpg
    Poljot_web_01.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • Rallygraf.jpg
    Rallygraf.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 127

Enigma1938

Yeah I have an eye on the Luftwaffe B-watches for a long time now but prices vary continuously between 1500 and 3000 Euros. Thats way too much for me

Micawber

High waisted trousers are a must with short bodied jackets, having undergarments showing below the jacket waistline is not my favourite look although it seems to be more acceptable these days.

I was trained by an ancient and venerable tailor who taught me much. When he espied someone wearing a three piece suit where the belt of the trousers' let alone a glimpse of shirt [shock horror] he would issue forth with much tut tutting and comments about it not being the done thing. As I say he taught me much and I am proudly old fashioned as a result ;) :D

B-Man2

High waisted trousers are a must with short bodied jackets, having undergarments showing below the jacket waistline is not my favourite look although it seems to be more acceptable these days.

I was trained by an ancient and venerable tailor who taught me much. When he espied someone wearing a three piece suit where the belt of the trousers' let alone a glimpse of shirt [shock horror] he would issue forth with much tut tutting and comments about it not being the done thing. As I say he taught me much and I am proudly old fashioned as a result ;) :D
I know what you mean ...., it’s not a good look;)
063613A5-14B6-4367-9F21-B838BFFA9210.jpeg

Kermit3D

I still have a lot to learn... But against all odds, this jacket forces me to think about how to dress.
I am now convinced that high waist pants are a must (high waist for today but standard size for the years 30-40-50).
I will never buy modern "low rise" jeans again.
I have also learned to tuck the sweater into the pants when I wear this jacket, something inconceivable for me before...

B-Man2

Well .... I wouldn’t throw out the low cut jeans just yet. You’re still young and fashion trends apply. There will be plenty of time for high waisted pants down the road as you get older;)

Pilot

Yeah I have an eye on the Luftwaffe B-watches for a long time now but prices vary continuously between 1500 and 3000 Euros. Thats way too much for me
If you find a legit WW2 original B-Watch for only 5000 -6000 Euro please buy it ..... its an investment :)...( dont get trapped in the Crapola Bay lures... only con-junk there...).
The legit ones are 8000, to 30-240K,— (the last for a B-Watch from Lange & S. or IWC).
Here a bit of sampling... none is 100% legit... but it gives a bit of a reference..

Last edited: