• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French cyclist jacket (Hartmann jacket) by Pilot

Kermit3D

Some pictures with the new pants (I'll have to find other shoes, maybe leather boots ?) :

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Last edited:

blackrat2

Looks good in those last few pics
Aero still has a range of Levis, original American made and Japan stuff from memory
Plenty come up on the bay
Lee jeans are to some the better denim
TCB jeans do some raw or pre washed denim but be very specific with size as more often they come smaller than requested
Grant is hot on denim stuff and there are plenty forums out there for denim

Kermit3D

Yesterday I wore the jacket for the first time to go to work. I hadn't worn it a lot before because it was not yet cold enough in Toulouse, or it was raining too much.

I had very good feedback !
A colleague even wanted to try it.
No one said the jacket was too short. The cut is relatively timeless. ;)

It's funny because people immediately think it's a pilot's jacket. While it is basically a civilian jacket.

And personally I really love it !!!

Now I am moving towards more "vintage" clothes to wear with the jacket. Lots of very interesting things to associate. I just have a few issues with my sweaters. I have to tuck it into the pants when I put on the jacket if not it sticks out and looks like a skirt.
I would have to find relatively short sweaters.

Enigma1938

You look great in all those combos and what's even mosre important; you are obviously happy with your jacket :) it's such a great piece and gives immediately a nice vintage look when you put it on.
Btw I'm curious about your wristwatch

Kermit3D

You look great in all those combos and what's even mosre important; you are obviously happy with your jacket :) it's such a great piece and gives immediately a nice vintage look when you put it on.
Btw I'm curious about your wristwatch

Thank you very much.
Indeed I'm particularly happy to have this jacket, I really love it... so much so that I'm thinking about buying a second one (with maybe some different options) as a backup in a while (yes it's really not reasonable)

the watch is a "Roamer" from the early 1930s. It is (it seems to be) a pilot's watch : rotating bezel, large size (41 mm) .
Many brands have made watches of this type for aviation :
http://www.knirim.de/zarm8.jpg (these watches are not mine ;))

A picture of my watch as an attach file

Attachments

• Roamer_04.jpg
    Roamer_04.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 177
Last edited: