• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French cyclist jacket (Hartmann jacket) by Pilot

dinomartino1

I think the French artisan worked with his his wife and they had as much work as they could handle without the need of a website, I may be wrong but I suspect the majority of customers where/are Luftwaffe collectors who are pretty much willing to pay anything and makes USAAF collecting look like a cheap hobby.
There simply was and is no need for a website when you have limited manufacturing capability, full order books and a captive market.
I'm old enough to recall the pre-internet days in the 80s when Eastman where by mail order and by word of mouth. The rockabilly scene in the UK in the 80s and a subset of people into the 40s probably did as much to get Eastman doing well as did jacket collectors.
I remember in the 80s when a guy I knew turned up at a rockabilly club in Sheperds Bush with his friend in his ww2 jeep, both in full WW2 USN SP rig with white webbing and the doorman refused to let them in because of their night sticks and replica M1911A1's,
I aways wondered if Steve was ever a member here.

Last edited:

Kermit3D

Great looking combination and.....
don’t forget some fit pixs ;)

I don't smile on this photos but in real life I'm very happy. :D

25.jpg

OperationCoffee

Bought a pair of bundeswher (?) trousers in Florence Italy off a rack of them which had been converted to shorts , with the button through front pockets , and have worn them for 20 years. They are absolutely bulletproof. You can’t find the button through pocket variety anymore and the quality isn’t the same.

CombatWombat

Good pants with high waist are Leo Köhler, moleskin trousers, used by the German Army. They come in black, grey, khaki, olive and blue. You can get them from Bundeswehrundmehr.
Leo Kohler nowadays isn't the same as they used to be though :(
I've got afew of their "moleskins" (1970-2010s) and the older ones seem more cottony than the newer ones.
I also love their KSK hose and bluse

Members online

Latest posts